towing and launching a boat with a class C??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Muskie John

Hello,

I am looking at buying a 03 Winnebago 31C and was wondering if I will be able to haul my boat and launch it. Does the RV have enough power to pull the boat out of the water? The motor is a Ford V-10 triton on a E450. The boat is 19 ft and made of aluminum I believe the boat weighs under 2000 lbs

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am very new to rving and welcome any feedback good or bad.

thanks,

Big Muskie John

We used previous MHs to launch our Pontoon and Bass Boats.  We used a drop hitch on the front bumper to enter and recieve from the water.  Worked great.  This was done with Class A

John,

You really need to check the towing capacity of the motorhome. Look for a placard near the driver's seat &/or a printed label inside a cabinet and find the GCWR (gross combined weight rating) and GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating). The difference between these two numbers is the towing capacity. Also check the hitch itself to be sure it's rated for more than the combined weight of boat and trailer.

You won't have any power issues, but do need to check that you're within the ratings.

Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.  I will check the ratings when I go back this Saturday to take another look at the motor home.

Back
Top Bottom