Towing for Dummies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dpickard

Hi friends!

Having been RVers for many years, now, unfortunately, due to husband's health issues we are thinking of chucking the tow dolly system and going to a 4 wheels down toad.

The vehicle we have in mind to tow is a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country LX.

What would we need? I think I would prefer the kind of tow bar that stays on the motorhome. What are the pros and cons of this?

I checked the Remco site and I see a lube pump for $599 is available for this vehicle. Who installs them?

What else besides a tow bar would we need to invest in?

Which is the best tow bar for the job? Blue Ox or Roadmaster?

Also, do we need an auxillary brake system such as the brake buddy?

All replies will be sincerely appreciated.

The pros of the motor home mounted tow bar are it stays on the motor home, cons, none that I know of.  The Remco lube pump would be installed by a Remco installer, as Remco for references in your area.  Besides the tow bar, you need a light kit for the T&C and a brake system.  As for Blue Ox or Roadmaster, that's a matter of personal preference, mostly the appearance of the base plate on the T&C.  Both companies make acceptable systems.

Yes, you should have a brake system on the T&C.  We have information in our library on the various braking systems.  In addition, I would also recommend a tire pressure monitoring system for both the motor home and toad.

Call Remco Towing and they will give you the names of dealers in your area who can install the lube pump. Lots of people tow Chrysler minivans using the Remco pump.

And I second everything Ned said.

REMCO is 1 800 228 2481.

http://www.remcotowing.com/

Back
Top Bottom