Towing UN--towables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve CDN

New models of more and more cars that used to be towable are no longer towable.  Many cars are now All Wheel Drive  {AWD}  and the transfer case cannot be disengaged, thereby ruling out a dolly.

For cars that are un-towable, are there any options or devices other than a trailer float?  Has anyone developed individual dollies for front and real wheels of a car for towing?

Steve said:
New models of more and more cars that used to be towable are no longer towable.? Many cars are now All Wheel Drive? {AWD}? and the transfer case cannot be disengaged, thereby ruling out a dolly.

For cars that are un-towable, are there any options or devices other than a trailer float?? ?Has anyone developed individual dollies for front and real wheels of a car for towing?

Good subject, for my example is a new 2006 ford Fusion (great gas mileage), this is the car Ford is building to replace the Taurus, well its not towable, and Remco says not going to be towable ! Now of course if you buy the Mercury model (Milan) manual transmision model, they will sell you a towbar and baseplate ? Dolly ??? Not real keen on that option, even though there are some real nice one's out there. For me I think I'll get me a diesel jeep for my toad .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom