Towing Vehicle for a 33' Silverback Cedar Creek

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duxxx

I just bought this trailer, is an F250 gonna do the job or would it be better to go with the 350

Your F 250 will do the job just fine....I  have  F 350 but that is because the loads I carry in the bed of the truck.

You need the weights to find out for sure, but its probably OK if its an F250 diesel.  The weights and weight ratings will vary depending on exactly which F250 configuration you have - which engine, transmission, rear axle, cab style (regular, extended or crew) and bed size (short or long).

Find your trucks GCWR abd GVWR ratings and also the actual weight of your truck (preferably weighed, but you can use te unladen vehicle weight spec and add the weight of your fifth wheel hitch and any passengers & gear you carry while towing.  Subtract the actual weight from the GVWR and that's the maximum weight yu can put on the hitch. Compare that to the Kingpin (hitch) weight of the trailer.  Then subtract the actual weight from the GCWR to determine the max triler weight you can tow and compare that to the weight of the trailer.  It's best to assume the trailer will be at its own max weight, but if you are sure it will be loaded to some leser figure you can use that.

An F350 can carry about 1000 lbs more than an F250. GCWR is the same.

Back
Top Bottom