Towing with a Forest River. Lexington 210, v8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hetken1

Hi  Does anyone have experience towing with the Lexington ?  If so what were you towing and pros and cons.  Wondering is the is possible (and needed) for our 6/8 month journey this spring.
Ken

Welcome to the forum Ken,

I can't help you directly with your question.

Deciding if you will need/want to tow will depend on what your journey includes...Driving to point A and spending 6/8 months there or Driving to many points for 6/8 months then returning home...I assume your referring to towing a car...Renting as needed is always an option.

It is entirely possible, up to the limits of its hitch rating and Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR).  You didn't mention the model year, but most Lexingtons are built on a Ford E450 chassis with a substantial GCWR & tow rating, so the limiting factor would be the receiver hitch installed by Forest River. If you have the Chevy chassis or a 210 built on the lighter E350 chassis, it may be more limited. I tried looking up the chassis specs on the 210 model, but all the brochures seem to show "N/A" for specs on that model.

I would guess that you could tow a 3000-3600 lb car or trailer, but that would have to verified for your particular coach year & model.

As for how necessary it is, that's mostly a matter of personal wants & needs. Having a towed car is a great convenience for shopping and sight-seeing, but maybe falls short of "necessity".

Back
Top Bottom