TPMS Recommendation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinaryBob

Moderator Emeritus
I am going to invest in a TPMS and need recommendations.
I've searched here and people seemd to like the Hawkshead.
But I'd prefer a hard wired or battery operated monitor. Don't really want another accessory power plug mucking up the dash.
Any ideas?

Thanks

I love my Tire Minder from Minder Research.  Runs off built in rechargeable battery and they provide replacement batteries free of charge for the sensors.  Had 1 (that's my luck) issue with it and their customer service was great, the techs are the one actually answering the phones

We're partial to Pressure Pro.  They have been in the business longer than anyone else and their customer service is excellent.  We've use their system for over 8 years and have been quite pleased with it.  It has paid for itself too.

I use the Truck Systems Technology (TST) TPMS. It seems to do its job as well as I could expect. I have a Fleetwood Bounder 33U towing a Jeep Wrangler.

Just about anybody's system can be hardwired rather than plug-in. They sell appropriate pigtails for hardwire, or its easy enough to do yourself.

TPMS technology has matured to the point where all the systems work pretty reliably, so the decision often gets made on price, styling, and perhaps long term support. Like Ned, we have used Pressure Pro since 2005 and have enjoyed outstanding service from the family-owned business. Anecdote: Last month somebody asked me a tech question about PP sensors and I was unsure of the exact answer, so I fired off an email to Pressure Pro. Doug McMean, the VP of Production, called me within 30 minutes to give me the full details. That's the kind of service they are noted for.

TST, love ours.  Monitor has a internal battery and can be hard wired or plug into cig lighter. :)

Thanks for all the input. Looked at all the recommendations.
As Gary said, they all seem pretty good. A few complaints on some models with issues in the rain.
Decided on the TST 507 due to accuracy claims and they are fully immersible in water. (but I imagine most of the others are too)
"The 507RV system is accurate within 1.5 +/- PSI and our systems are accurate within +/- 1 degree Fahrenheit of the actual air temperature within your tires."

Back
Top Bottom