TPMS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2016 Jayco Alante

Can't get air to my new TMPS cap sensors from my inside dual stainless steel flexible valve stem extenders (extensions). Any experience with this?
Sorry, here's more info.  The sensors on my four wheel with standard metal valve stems work fine.  The two sensors on my two rear inside dual flexible valve stem extenders don't work (no readings) and you can't hear any air escaping when you put the sensors on or take them off. When I connect my car air compressor fitting (standard toggle handle type fitting), I get air escaping. I also tried loosening the valve core(?) on the outer end of the extender but I still got no air flow. The only way I could get air out (other than the compressor fitting) was to press hard on the valve pin past it's stop position.  I guess I'll have to replace the flexible extenders but with what brand?  By the way I can't use solid extenders because the valve stem doesn't line up with the wheel opening.  Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions.

You might add a little detail about the setup, such as how you know they can't "get air." But if the extenders are accessible enough, then they may not be installed correctly. Can you use a tire gauge to read the pressure? Can you add air to the tire? If not, then it might be that the valve core on the tire isn't being depressed enough by the extensions, thus it blocks the air from getting to the extension end that you can reach.

2016 Jayco Alante said:
Can't get air to my new TMPS cap sensors from my inside dual stainless steel flexible valve stem extenders. Any experience with this?

I had that problem with my TST-brand cap sensors when used with the flexible braided stainless extensions which the PO had installed.  The TST dealer suggested I loosen the valve core just a bit (to allow a very slow leak, actually) and then screw the cap sensor on.  That worked, but I didn't like the idea of the cap sensor being the seal (just me ?.. probably nothing wrong with that approach.)  So, for the duals, I used a set of TST-brand flow thru sensors that the former coach owner had given me when I bought the rig from him and they worked fine.

I have since replaced the flexible extensions with "dually" valve stems which I got here: https://www.shinyrv.com/product/dually-valve-stems-for-motorhomes-with-alcoa-wheels-2-hand-hole-dl4ac/ and all is well using the cap sensors which I personally  prefer over the flow-thru type.

Just my 'sperience.

Safe travels?????

Loosening the valve cores is virtually the same as having extensions that work.  ;)

Thanks for the link!  Exactly what I need.  I’m tired of laying on the ground to get at my valves.

I have had that same problem.  The TPMS sensors don't push the valve core pin down far enough to allow air in or out.  The TPMS has to push the valve down far enough to open it and keep it open, so backing out the valve core a little won't cause a problem.

Back
Top Bottom