TPMS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

84southwind

Has anyone used the B-Qtech TPMS products? Could you give me the pros and cons and which system you purchased. I;m looking at one for the motorhome and pull behind trailer. Thank You in advance - Jim

I use the Fobo Bike 2 on my motorcycle. It works good and connects to your phone. They make other versions for other vehicles and larger vehicles that may work for you.

FOBO

Another vote for the TST 507 system. Reliability and ease of use come to mind first. Replacing sensor batteries is a fairly easy process, and at less than $1/battery cheap insurance once a year or so. One feature I like, is that the sensors do not shut down due to lack of movement as some other systems do. That means I can check tire pressures before starting down the road instead of waiting until I'm underway to find out a tire is low.

Has anyone used the B-Qtech TPMS products? Could you give me the pros and cons and which system you purchased. I;m looking at one for the motorhome and pull behind trailer. Thank You in advance - Jim
Have never heard of it.
I also use the TST tpms and it works great.

Besides having to spend $900.00 - $1000.00 in Canada on a TST system has anyone used a less expensive TPMS system that works well for them?

I'm guessing you want a 10-sensor system (coach plus towed vehicle), so yeah, a TST gets pricey. Especially in $C rather than $US. I couldn't tell if the B-Qtech could handle more than 6 tire sensors or not, or the cost of additional sensors.

The TST system has user-replaceable sensor batteries; the B-QTech apparently does not (if that's a consideration for you). If the sensors run several years on a battery, replacing the entire sensor isn't a big deal, but if they only last a year or two, sensors get expensive.

Reading reviews on Amazon.com, the owners of B-Qtech seem mostly happy, but only have a year of use so far.

I use an EEZ-RV 10 sensor system. I've had two other systems and this is by far the most reliable. It was under $500 but It looks like prices have gone up.

I'm guessing you want a 10-sensor system (coach plus towed vehicle), so yeah, a TST gets pricey. Especially in $C rather than $US. I couldn't tell if the B-Qtech could handle more than 6 tire sensors or not, or the cost of additional sensors.

The TST system has user-replaceable sensor batteries; the B-QTech apparently does not (if that's a consideration for you). If the sensors run several years on a battery, replacing the entire sensor isn't a big deal, but if they only last a year or two, sensors get expensive.

Reading reviews on Amazon.com, the owners of B-Qtech seem mostly happy, but only have a year of use so far.
Yes it can handle more than 6 sensors and the sensor batteries are replacable.

On the TST system, where are you mounting the repeater (or not) and where did you find power.
On my motorhome, I mounted the repeater on the ceiling by a rear bedroom light. The power wires are connected to the hot and ground for the light. Our previous same length motorhome didn't need the repeater, but on this one I found the signals from the toad were blocked in part by the retracted slide.

I recently did the search for the "best" TPMS" and settled on the TST 507 system. It will be used on multiple trailers including the TT. Just used it for the first time on a car trailer on two long distance trips and I am very satisfied and impressed with the way it works. I give it a top rating - worth the money.

On the TST system, where are you mounting the repeater (or not) and where did you find power.
Ours will be used on a couple of trailers and with a couple of tow vehicles. First use was on a auto/utility trailer. I used a scotch clip to tap into the positive line that keeps the battery charged for the break away system for the trailer brakes. This was done inside the box that houses the battery to somewhat protect the connection from moisture. I do not like the scotch clips for long term use because they can corrode but this was quick and temporary. I used a self drilling screw to attach the ground to the frame. I pulled the inline fuse that is part of the harness for the repeater when not in use so there would not be a parasitic drain on the battery. I zip-tied the repeater to the battery box.

When I switch the repeater to the TT, I plan to attach to the TT battery or to the electrical block near the battery. I plan to do a little wire work with soldered connectors or some sort of basic plug so that the repeater can be moved relatively easy between trailers. I will likely continue with zip ties to mount the repeater.

TireMinder user here.
Works well. 6 wheels on the 5'er.
Mind telling me whist Tire minder? Was just looking at the one that you monitor and receive alerts several ways, one being your cell phone. I have screens enough now all over the cab..1/Rear Camera for trailer, 2/GPS for R.V, 3/Radar detector....running out of room!! Thanks

Mind telling me whist Tire minder? Was just looking at the one that you monitor and receive alerts several ways, one being your cell phone. I have screens enough now all over the cab..1/Rear Camera for trailer, 2/GPS for R.V, 3/Radar detector....running out of room!! Thanks
Probably won’t be needing the radar detector… at least most of us don’t touch posted speed limits.

Sometimes…about 96% of the time I’m not towing…..another reason I’ll never own a dually or diesel

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom