TracVision vs. Winegard for in-motion Satellite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the Winegard but don't use it in motion.  I tried it a few times to use the music channels, but got tired of the noise it made.  On a straight road it might be OK, but keeping up with the satellite on a curvy road generates a lot of noise. Maybe someone knows if the TracVision is quieter?

I use a Motosat T-2 Automotion... And I too agree it's noisy as the step motors do their thing but when I'm going down the road road noise and other vehicle sounds fully mask the sound of the steppers... I have to actively listen for them to hear them and then I can' talways hear them.

Also it is advertised as having the best rain performance of any dome (I'm not sure how much better but it does hold in a light shower)

I have the Winegard Movin' View stationary unit. It works very well. I was talking to me dealer about upgrading to Movin' View in motion. He said he would really discourage me on doing it. He said he has replaced several of the in motion units because they don't track very well. He thinks Windgard has a software issue with the GPS. He suggested I wait until that issue is taken care of.
I cant speak first hand, but I don't think he would lie to me when he had a chance to make some more $$$.

I have had a tracVision for seven years, works great except for rain or dew.

They were the first to use DVB technology. They license their technology to King Dome's top of the line model & may be a little less expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom