Trade-in or Selling a Toad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlGriefer

When it's time to purchase a new toad, do you recommend selling the old toad privately, perhaps to another RV owner or to just trading it in?

What are the pros and cons? 

Al

2004 Monaco Widsor / 2002 Acura MDX

I never see any old toads for sale.  At least working ones.  We looked for 6 months and ended up "Remco" izing our Taurus wagon.  That has worked out wonderful, except we can't follow everyone into town using the wash.  :D

I would like to know what happens to old toads?  I never see them for sale.

AlGriefer said:
When it's time to purchase a new toad, do you recommend selling the old toad privately, perhaps to another RV owner or to just trading it in?

What are the pros and cons? 

Al

2004 Monaco Widsor / 2002 Acura MDX

Al, you can list your toad at Hitch Trader and might find a buyer for the total setup.

http://www.hitchtrader.com/SearchAds.cfm?ctg=14&submit=Search

I listed my previous Honda there and immediatly got a couple of parties of interest. One guy come down from AZ to CA and bought the Stowmaster tow bar. Even paid to the baseplate removed and took the towbar and base plate for a good price. Then I just sold the car outright.

Awesome photo album of your Italian trip Bob. Looks like you had a fabulous time.

In summer of 1994, I toured what I call the "High Road" through the Swiss, Italian, French, Austrian and German Alps on a motorcycle. We camped at Mom & Pop private campgrounds along the way and had the time of our lives. I would do that again in a heart beat too. God it was great!!!

I think most people just trade them in - we do.  I remove the hitch parts and either re-use them if possible or sell/trade them for the required base plates on the new vehicle.

That said, my first very toad was a used one I bought locally & privately, complete with base plates and tow bar. Just happened to see an ad in the newspaper classifieds in the RV section.  But you don't see many around and dealers tend to remove the unsightly base plates from any car on their lots.

Ahhh.  That may solve part of the mystery.  And I bet the dealers love reselling the toads because of the low mileage on the speedometer.

Back
Top Bottom