traded single rear wheel for dually

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan Nowell

Hi all Traded my srw truck for a dually now it wont fit between the jacks. I am sure that this is not an uncommon issue, just wondering what everyone else has done. My camper has 3 rieco-titan screw jacks. Have seen swing out brackets for happijack but my mounts are different

Brackets & Extensions

EZ Swing Brackets Model Number: 11531 Availability: 1000 A pair of white EZ Swing Brackets

EZ Swing Brackets (Black) Model Number: 11532 Availability: 1000 A pair of black EZ Swing Brackets

Swing Away Brackets

Swing-A-Way Bracket (White)

Swing-A-Way Bracket (Black)

Swing-A-Way Brackets (Zinc)

Swing-A-Way vs. EZ Swing

EZ Swing is the easiest to use, but what is the best for my application?

IF YOUR FRONT JACK BRACKETS ARE FACING FORWARD::

- EZ Swing Brackets give 9 1/4 inch (total) additional clearance for the truck
- Swing-A-Way Brackets give 8 inch (total) additional clearance for the truck

IF YOUR FRONT JACK BRACKETS ARE FACING OUTWARD::
- EZ Swing Brackets give 4 inch (total) additional clearance for the truck
- Swing-A-Way Brackets give 7 5/8 inch (total) additional

Charles

Thanks. I expect I will have to purchase new mounting brackets from reico-titan or else fabricate box extensions. Need about 6" extra width.

Once you get the jacks squared away, you'll be much, much happier with the dually. Congrats on the new truck?

Maybe its time to move up to a fifth wheel? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

The Ram 2500 Cummins handled it well, had no issues. Actually we just picked up a 30ft. Grand Design 5th wheel!! Now to see if the camper gets much use lol

You have said 3 jacks. I have never seen a camper with three permanently attached jacks. I have seen the tripod jacks used to lift a camper off a truck, two on one side and one midway on the other side, but never three electric jacks.

A friend of mine with a dually bought a Lance several years ago, it was on a SRW when he bought it. Since it was local, the seller took it to his house and offloaded it. He used rectangular steel tubing as spacers to move the jacks out when they were swung out. I wished I had bought that camper from him. He sold it cheap and the co-worker who bought it let it sit and eventually gave it away.

Charles

The camper is an older Shadow Cruiser with 3 permanently mounted manual crank jacks factory installed. A little wobbly when up at truck height!!!

It's the front jacks that need to swing out, not the rear jacks as mentioned in a previous post. I would seriously think about switching to four jacks.

Would love to have 4, but no attaching points. The factory jacks mount under the sides of the camper, above the truck box sides. I have fabricated 3 1/2 in boxes to extend the width similar to the 6in ones on the rico titan website. Actually a bit more stable now when raised to put on truck.
Thanks everyone for your comments.

Would love to have 4, but no attaching points. The factory jacks mount under the sides of the camper, above the truck box sides. I have fabricated 3 1/2 in boxes to extend the width similar to the 6in ones on the rico titan website. Actually a bit more stable now when raised to put on truck.
Thats great.Good work.

Hay Dan. Now that you have a dually I have a brand new set of dually chains off of my Ram dually. Don't know where you live, but interested send me a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom