Trading in a MH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful7

We are considering trading in our 1997 HR Endeavor at a RV show for a travel trailer. Is this a good idea? We just bought a campground membership last year and love going ,but find the MH a little cramped since it has no slides. This unit would be stored at the campground and used approximitly 2 weeks a month.

Also, is there one manufactuer that is more reliable then another? We know something about MH's but not travel trailers, so any words of wisdom would be appreciated!

Want of buy another CG membership  They are no going for 12 to 13K    Would take 4500 and pay the 2007 dues for you.  Great owner number for prestiege  00059 Executive.  Beautiful place and love it but no longer in the Mid West of Central Missouri  Just a little food for thought.  1 hr from Six Flags and 1 1/2hr for St Louis.

If you don't travel much trailers provide more room and if you are sure you will use it trading probably makes sense.

we bought a MH last year with the thoughts of traveling around the eastern sea board.  Unfortunately my job had other plans for me.  We ended up in a permanent spot about 35 miles away from home.  I am now trying to sell my MH so we can by a trailer or 5er until we can travel.  I am trying to sell myself before taking the trade in hit.

Trading to get what will suit your needs better is a good idea. Whether trading it at an RV show is a good one is more debatable. Special "show prices" are usually just an advertisement of the same discount you could have had at any time simply by asking. They try to wow you with "show discount" but sell at the same old bottom line price after trade.  So by all means shop the shows, but don't get blinded by the supposed good deal. Keep on shopping for the best deal.

You will probably be appalled at what your 97, no-slide coach is truly worth. Check the NADA guides (www.nadaguides.com) for average retail value and figure that wholesale is half or less. That's what your trade is actually worth - everything else you get is a discount off the selling price.

We went to the show here in Raliegh,NC. Saw several things we would be interested in,but decided to hold onto the '97 HR for a while longer. We will eventually sell it, but privately!

Back
Top Bottom