Traffic is the same all over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many years ago we were traveling through Geneva, NY on our way to Watkins Glen. Someone literally "peeled out" of a parking lot to get in front of us. I had to hit the brakes. He then went exactly 30MPH in the 30MPH zone, a whopping 50 in the 55 zone, and turned a mile later. Yah, good thing he got in front of that slow RV!

I think each part of the US has a different type of driver. I have stayed on the east side of the Mississippi river most of my life. My brother is a truck driver and he can say he knows where someone is from by the way they drive.

I do my best to drive the speed limit or 5 mph over unless there is weather or traffic making it dangerous going the speed limit.

I found 4 wheels down to a small trailer that there was a huge difference in my driving comfort.

I think each part of the US has a different type of driver. I have stayed on the east side of the Mississippi river most of my life. My brother is a truck driver and he can say he knows where someone is from by the way they drive.

A lot of truth to that. When I either drive down from NH to FL in the fall or on the way home in the spring, I see a huge difference in drivers as soon as I hit the GA/FL border on I 95. No it’s not GA drivers

We’ve been traveling between Delaware and SW Virginia quite a bit in the past year. We go over the Bay Bridge and skirt DC on 495 N, then hit 66 and 81. What irritates me on the road are drivers that don’t know how to merge, those that only drive in the left lane and it seems there are drivers that are afraid to pass 18 wheelers. But my wife reminds me that I probably irritate my fair share of motorists too.

In FL, what I see all the time, the left lane is for driving and the right lanes are for passing. Apparently people don’t know that’s against the law. If you are in the left lane and someone wants to pass you, the law states you must pull over into the driving lane. I believe all 50 states have that law.

Last edited:
In FL, what I see all the time, the left lane is for driving and the right lanes are for passing. Apparently people don’t know that’s against the law. If you are in the left lane and someone wants to pass you, the law states you must pull over into the driving lane. I believe all 50 states have that law.
What I appreciate in FL is in certain areas the no trucks in the left lane rule. I have been stuck for 30 minutes as one truck going 52mph is trying to pas a truck going 51mph trying to pass a truck going 50mph and all three lanes are blocked by "magnetic" vehicles all stuck to each other.

Also no one knows how to pass anymore. Yes it's illegal but when I am on a freeway posted for 70 I drive 78 on cruise. When I pass a truck going 78, I pull out smartly accelerate to 85 and get the pass done - like my dad taught me. Then I free the fast lane up for the "idiot" who wants to go 90...

What I appreciate in FL is in certain areas the no trucks in the left lane rule. I have been stuck for 30 minutes as one truck going 52mph is trying to pas a truck going 51mph trying to pass a truck going 50mph and all three lanes are blocked by "magnetic" vehicles
Yes I see that all the time also. We have a ton of phosphate mines around here so we are constantly seeing big trucks hauling that stuff around and like you say in the passing lane.

Was listening to a couple of OTR semi drivers today... One thing that seems universal.. If there is a traffic jam. and you are say Lane 1 and Lane 2 appears to be moving faster.. Change lanes and watch lane one speed up while lane 2 comes to a dead stop.

Best option. Pick a land and stick to it . Or if you have it listen to 19 for advice on the only lane that's open and pick that one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Winger84
Back
Top Bottom