Trailer Frames

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott 3

What manufacturers use trailer frames that are not Lippert?

Do other manufacturers use a thicker gauge steel?

Northwood makes their own frames. But, they do use Lippert components for other parts of the trailers.

Sure, how about the friction hinges on the doors of our rigs?

Attachments

• DSC_20361_DxO.jpg
    DSC_20361_DxO.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 16
Sorry, but I don't recognize that item. Are you talking about hinges on the outside man doors? And what model and year are you referring to?

Frank B said:
Sorry, but I don't recognize that item. Are you talking about hinges on the outside man doors? And what model and year are you referring to?

Yes, on the main entry doors. We have a 2017 AF 22G. But, all AF and Nash trailers have them, now for sure. Those are the hinges that make the doors so they don't want to slam shut if it's a bit windy out. Not sure when NW started using them, however.
Even if you don't recognize it, you asked for an example of other Lippert components on our rigs and I provided one.

Wasn't trying to be difficult. Most units use 'off the shelf' components like fridges, stoves, and so on. I understood the op's original question to be structure related, more in the area of slide mechanisms, suspension, axles, and so on - in addition to frame. Within that more narrow definition (admittedly, how _I_ saw it), I was unaware of Northwood using Lippert components.  Thank you for the clarification.

Eh no worries. I took the OP's question to be more of a concern regarding Lippert so I wanted to make sure OBX knew there are Lippert components even if not the frame itself. Just to provide info for further research. Actually the friction hinges aren't real bad but lose effectiveness when the wind hits 20mph or higher.

Back
Top Bottom