Trailer Roll Over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin Means

Site Team
Boy, these things sure don?t do well in a roll over. I have no info in this accident. A friend of mine on a trip took these pictures as he passed by.

Kev

Attachments

• C581789F-8FD9-4D5E-A093-52E9C54207A4.jpeg
    C581789F-8FD9-4D5E-A093-52E9C54207A4.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 90BEEA39-50BC-46DB-AA74-A4DC8EBA99B1.jpeg
    90BEEA39-50BC-46DB-AA74-A4DC8EBA99B1.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 297
Wow. That top pic looks like the rear tire may have blown out. It may not have even been a case of over driving. I passed a scene like that in the Ca dessert once. A SUV had been pulling a TT. The SUV was upright, but the TT had nothing left to it. Kinda makes want to drive safer don't it?

SeilerBird said:
Looks like a 150. I bet he was overweight.

I?m thinking Chevy but doesn?t really matter. Re overweight, we?ll never know. When the tail starts wagging the dog you can flip a dually

SeilerBird said:

And this guy should have had a dually?

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/11/01/cb-truck-pulling-20-foot-trailer-loses-its-cargo-while-spinning-out-of-control-on-i-15/#.W2yYc9JKjmg

Just because someone has an accident with a half ton pick-up, it shouldn't be assumed they were overloaded.

Been there. Thankfully we were only going 60mph. Flipped 2.5 times and went head on into a tractor trailer. The car, a Yukon, and the TT were destroyed, looking a lot like those pictures. Unbelievably, I had all 6 kids, an adult passenger, and the dog in the car and there weren't any injuries. It was honestly a miracle.

SargeW said:
Wow. That top pic looks like the rear tire may have blown out. It may not have even been a case of over driving. I passed a scene like that in the Ca dessert once. A SUV had been pulling a TT. The SUV was upright, but the TT had nothing left to it. Kinda makes want to drive safer don't it?

I can't believe no one saw the obvious cause.  They forgot to put there stairs in and hit a sign post.

SeilerBird said:

I don't know...it kinda looks like it says Tundra on the left bottom of the tailgate to me..

maybe like this one...

Attachments

• tundra.jpg
    tundra.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 54
sightseers said:
I don't know...it kinda looks like it says Tundra on the left bottom of the tailgate to me..

Could be. If this was a TV show the picture would have been zoomed and clarified in the lab, the VIN and yellow sticker would have been read and the cause identified. But alas...

Sun2Retire said:
Could be. If this was a TV show the picture would have been zoomed and clarified in the lab, the VIN and yellow sticker would have been read and the cause identified. But alas...

you can get all that info from the license plate number too. 

I'll bet he was maxed out for that truck and going about 70+ mph down the desert freeway ....when a little wiggle happened and everything went south.

(and I saw a Tundra tow the Space Shuttle too ?  :eek: )

I can tell you Rollover is one of my bigger worries.. And I have come close twice too many times. Both times no damage.

Once I accidently ran off the road into the ditch Thinking quickly and observing a "Fix" just down the road I continued OFF the road. (Turning into the ditch) thus using inertia to help keep me upright and climbing the other side. drove astride the ditch till I reached a culvert crossing and then back on the road.. Changed undies when we got parked.

The other time I got stuck. One side dug in and it was already on an angle.. Tow got me out but.. I was seriously worried.

Best place to be when an RV rollsover is a DIFFERENT Rv.

I still say the right rear tire blew. No idea why however. Losing a rear tire at speed is a sure way to an "E" ticket ride. It looks like an adult male and a little kid at least. Hopefully there were no injuries.

could be,  maxed out weight,  high speeds,  maybe a little bit low tire pressure,  a nice hot desert highway....and tires start exploding.

it's legal to tow at 65 mph in AZ.,  so 70 is usually allowed.

John From Detroit said:
Once I accidently ran off the road into the ditch Thinking quickly and observing a "Fix" just down the road I continued OFF the road. (Turning into the ditch) thus using inertia to help keep me upright and climbing the other side. drove astride the ditch till I reached a culvert crossing and then back on the road.. Changed undies when we got parked.

Your quick reaction obviously saved the day. Too many drivers immediately overreact thereby making a bad situation much worse. I often wonder how many have died swerving to avoid something like a small animal in the road.

grashley said:
He could not possibly have been overweight!!!  Look at the first pic.  The TT says  TOWLITE !  ;D  :D  ;)

oh man I read through all those comments and you took my joke?? ::) ::).  Cracks me up how every trailer is a superlite. 

Now if you REALLY had and interest in selling the right trailer to the right person would weight be involved in the name at all?  No but you would POST it very well visibly and train staff to match APPROPRIATE trailers with tow vehicles.  The very fact that they put "LITE" in their name makes them guilty to me.  "LITE" is a relative term.  Consumers need a REAL term like 20,000 lbs. 

OMG - I have become the weight police!    :-[ :-[

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom