trailer shopping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clemens6

We are looking to purchase a tag a long trailer with 4 bunks.  We've looked at an Outback 31RQS and a Jayco 31BHS so far.  Is there anything out there you would reccomend.  Any comments on the Outback 31RQS?
Thanks

Well if it that is the Sierra 2500 Crew Cab with the 6.6 TD, 2WD, a standard bed and a 3.73 rear end then you have a tow rating of 12000 lbs.

The Jayco has a GVWR of 9600 lbs.  That is exactly  80% of your truck's rating and is sufficient for towing anywhere in North America, east or west.  I cannot find any specs on the Outback in their website, but if the GVWR of that trailer is 9600 lbs or less it should tow just fine.

Other than that, with travel trailers, what you see is pretty much what you get --  for vacation use particularly.  The big question is do you like the floorplan  and do you find the galley and toilet facilities.

I guess I should ask the question, is there any one type of Keystone that we should steer away from? 

I cannot think of anything.  Really, vacation use travel trailers are pretty much what you see is what you get.  A box on wheels filled with standard appliances carrying their own guarantees and made by a handful of makers that sell to the entire RV industry.  If you are buying used, we have a file in the library about things to look out for in general.

Go for the floorplan you want and for the features appropriate for your use -- like cold weatherproofing for instance for cold winter use.    What you see is what you get with trailers.

Hi,
If you have not made a decision yet you can check out Outbackers.com forum to get great info on all of the Outback models.  We own a 28Rss and Love it.
Hope this helps.
Jon

Thank you both for your responses. 

We are actually really interested in the outback.  Trying to decide on a tag a long or 5th wheel.  We need four bunks and it gets a little long for a tag along that size in some areas.  Someone at a camping show just told us about the outbackers website.  I will definately check it out.  THanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom