Trailer Transport Company problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill N said:
I used to be a fan of that show Tom.  It is off the air now but one of those snarly guys died before the show ended - he is the long gray haired guy who traveled with a cat (or was it a dog?)...lol. 

It was a cat. He actually lived and died about 40 miles from me.

Aye Bill, I learned some things about our road transportation system from that show. There were some humorous parts, and some goofs, but overall I got the impression that the players were professional and respected their cargo.

[quote author=rbrdriver]I wonder if when he took it for the "test drive" he actually went to a scale and weighed it and found out it was loaded heavy.[/quote]
In retrospect, that would be my guess, and I too applaud his professionalism.

Yes, the hauler did mention to me that he wanted to find a weigh scale but couldn't find one. That's when he took it out for a road test to see how it would tow.

I'm just waiting to hear back from him on when he can pick it up. In summary (at this point in time) the hauler has been good. It was my Dad who kinda threw me a curve ball and no real fault of his - as he is quite old and failing in health.

No pick up as of yet. I called the company. The owner said he "HOPES" to be there by the end of next week to pick it up. It's been 3 weeks now.  If he shows up at the end of next week that'll be 4 weeks. I paid him in full ($2500 on Aug 8th) <tapping fingers anxiously on tabletop>

Avoid this company. They stiffed me. They never contacted me and didn't pick up my trailer. They are ignoring my calls, texts and emails. I contacted my bank to dispute my payment to them of 2500 dollars. Truckit365 is not to be trusted. Owners name is Mitchell Keller. This is not right.

Sorry to hear this.  I guess just the world we live in today.  Hopefully your bank can help.  He has great reviews, but I have been told that the owner can edit and delete Google reviews, so ???  Good Luck  :))

Yes I saw his good reviews but there were a couple who experienced the same bad service as me. He should be arrested , that's theft in my opinion.

You may need to take him to small claims court.  If he gets mail from the courts, he may decide to pay you back. Or maybe even just a letter from a lawyer may do it.

Kirkland222:

One approach......
This man, any man who deals with the public has been hoodwink himself occasionally. People are people as someone else alluded to..... (in this post I think).

Your "specs" may not of mentioned "stuff in side". (?)
Driver/hauler may consider this a "breach of trust". His "THINKING" may have been effected by this event.
Have you tried to "approach with Hat in hand?" You know...,
Sir:
I now realize that "stuff in trailer" Could effect initial agreement and "how can this be addressed?
  You did not change understanding, your Dad did, BUT......
Just thinking.....  good luck.

And Tom and others.....:
I also watched the TV show SHIPPING WARS, very entertaining, I really enjoyed. USHIP resembles the concept.
At one time in retirement (8 yrs ago)  I used USHIP to Haul Motorcycles for people. It is a complicated but effective/efficient means to move stuff across country. Professionals are there. Safeguards are in place.
"See ya all down the road" no longer meaningful for me today. But, talk to you in our post.

Mr. Bojangles

Mr Bojangles, if you read my posts I was more than cordial once I found out the trailer was loaded up. They said they'd return in 1-2 weeks. They didn't. AND...they have avoided all contacts with me ...AND they have my 2500 bucks. Crooks.

kirkland222 said:
Mr Bojangles, if you read my posts I was more than cordial once I found out the trailer was loaded up. They said they'd return in 1-2 weeks. They didn't. AND...they have avoided all contacts with me ...AND they have my 2500 bucks. Crooks.

I would find out where this guy is and take two or three of my largest friends (rent some if you have to) and show up at his door. Either get your $2500 or something that equals $2500.

Trust me, I just may do that. If they did it to me, he's done it before and he'll continue to do so.

I once had a guy who lived several states away owe me $10,000 (bounced check).  I called an attorney in that state and got an understanding of the law. 

I called and left a voicemail (he dodged all my calls) that I contacted an attorney and because he sent a check this was considered fraud.  If he had just accepted the shipment that would be a different law and not as severe as a bounced check which is considered a contract. 

I explained that I was starting the proceedings to take him to court and my attorney said this is an open and shut case that I would win.  I would also sue for attorney's fees and honestly I may or may not win those.  I was straight forward and said I hoped I won attorney's fees but my lawyer said it just depends on the judge.  I explained he may not have the cash and that was fine because the court could take his possessions. 

I got my check next day air.  I did not do any of this in a demeaning way or with a demeaning or emotional tone.  I just explained the facts. 

kirkland222 said:
I'm out 2500 bucks!

The guy must have had the intent to move it or else he wouldn't have shown up to pick it up and take it for a 30 minute drive.  Did he offer an explanation?

What happened that you now know you are out $2500?

Hello Kirk & Community:
I am excited to join this online RV forum community!

We pride ourselves in going above and beyond with every transport we conduct.

Approximately two years ago, our business model was a little different than it is today, I did charge the transport upfront which Kirk agreed to pay us, due to extreme amount of deadhead in which it would take to get to the RV for loading.

This is something that we no longer do to prevent mishaps like this.

I arrived at the pickup location and met Kirk’s elderly father, and advised him of our concern having taken one look inside of the trailer and with our 8 years of experience, realized that the trailer needed to be run across a scale. The trailer was well over its GVWR due to cinder blocks, boxes upon boxes of luggage, stand-alone appliances and interior and exterior furniture being loaded inside. As a licensed and insured trucking company, MC #1077936, our company abides by weights and measures regulations. Therefore could not move forward with the transport unless the trailer was at or under its GVWR. I immediately took the trailer back to Kirk’s father and put it safely back into place.

I regret that this RV transport was not as smooth sailing as anyone would like, because we spent money out of our own pocket just to learn that the trailer was not what the client said it weighed.

Kirk’s entire amount for transport was refunded to his credit card by our merchant processor.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach us by email at [email protected].

Mitchell Keller
TruckIt365
Business Owner

I wanted to share that since working with Kirk, we proudly own a fleet of trucks which are capable of towing large RVs both fifth wheel and gooseneck.

Attachments

• 6DFBF98F-63FE-46E6-A4D3-3BAA6B41E75B.jpeg
    6DFBF98F-63FE-46E6-A4D3-3BAA6B41E75B.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 4
  • 09263765-39FA-4402-8577-B6410128BFFC.jpeg
    09263765-39FA-4402-8577-B6410128BFFC.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 02E4A43A-C10E-4D24-8C55-48BE009B36B7.jpeg
    02E4A43A-C10E-4D24-8C55-48BE009B36B7.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.