Transfer switch? on 1990 Overland Discovery Express Class A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudd

This has me puzzeled! I can't find a transer switch anywhere, or any infromation on this coach. It seems that it's an orphan unit as Mallard Industries went out of busness in 92 and the John Deer, Oshcosh frame divisions sold to Freightliner around the same time.  Any information as to the position of the transfer switch or if maybe it switches in the converter would be greatly appreciated.  Also any other information regarding the unit.

well, my cobra malibu was made in 1989 on a john deere/oshkosh chassis.  If yours is anything like mine, and they used the magnetek converter, then you might find your ATS is directly attached to the load center/converter box.

I have some pictures of mine (after it was removed from the motorhome) here.

Hope this helps.  If your load center doesn't look anything like mine, then I doubt I can help much.

Good luck,
jim

PS, welcome to the RV Forum!

Thanks Jim I think you may have solved my problem, I havn't taken the converter right out but I did move it out of the way to one side. When I dig it out of the snowbank I will take a close look.  I can use any other information as per the frame and running gear (axles, brakes) that kind of thing.  Again thanks for the information. Mudd

When I pulled the Magnetek load center out of my 1994 Intruder, it looked exactly the same as Jim's, with the transfer switch mounted on the back.  Even had the same rust spot over the 12 volt fusebox.    Wierd....

Back
Top Bottom