Transport needed for '67 Winnie D22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chopiak

I just purchased a '67 Winnebago D22 that I need shipped from San Diego, CA to the Rock Hill, SC (just south of Charlotte, NC). The rig runs and can drive, but not very far. If you know of a reliable shipping company that would be able to give me a quote, any leads would be much appreciated! She is about 22' long, 9' 6' wide, and 10' tall with an listed curb weight of 6,500 lbs. Help me BRING WINNIE HOME!!!
Cheers,
Chopiak

Attachments

• 20210826_135248.jpg
    20210826_135248.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Note the brochure says the width is 7'6" so my guess is your measurement is with mirrors, it also appears to have a 159 inch wheel base which is short enough to likely fit on a 20-22 ft car hauler trailer, something like HD ALL STEEL CAR HAULER 10K depending on prices it might be cheaper to buy a trailer and go get it yourself, then sell the trailer when you are done.

Or rent the trailer. What I can see of the camper, it looks in pretty decent shape. Why do you say it can not run and drive very far? Just curious why you would buy something like that that needs towed clear across the country.

Your biggest problem will be height when added to the trailer height could put you over 13.6 Ft.. Most overland haulers will charge in the realm of $100.00 per hour ( for the round trip)
By removing the drive shaft, just about any of the "baby snatchers" could easily do the job cheaper than a larger land-all type transporter.>>>Dan

Last edited:
Or rent the trailer. What I can see of the camper, it looks in pretty decent shape. Why do you say it can not run and drive very far? Just curious why you would buy something like that that needs towed clear across the country.
I've been looking for this body style specifically and got it for an incredibly low price, which allowed the room in my budget to have it shipped. It hasn't seen any long miles in a while and between possible brake issues and split rims not to mention gas prices and time I would have to take off from work, my mechanic recommended that I have it shipped. Once I get it out here I'm going to update and remodel most of it.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom