TRASH TRASH TRASH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I recall, years ago, where an actor, dressed as a forest tribe native american, is walking through the woods. Comes to a river, there is some junk against the shore (Trash) and he's crying.

I won't go into what's wrong with the ad but .. it's only gotten worse since. The idea of caring for the enviorment. or each other. or anything other than me me me is fading.. Far too many "Somebody else can pick it up)

Photos of a Grocery store parking lot
Cart Corrall
Car
"Wild" Shopping cart (the shopper could not be bothered to put it in the cart corrall one space away)

Far too many of those. I see 'em all the time (Wild carts) and often with trash in them.

We found the same when at Grand Canyon in June. When walking the dog I'd bring and plastic bag (if I didn't find one stuck to a bush) and keep filling it. Then, when the dog walk was complete and I had accumulated a bunch of trash and walking back to my site I'd be sure to show every campsite that had kids and exclaim about how some folks are trashing THEIR national park. Maybe one or two understood... maybe...
Then their is this jerk. Maybe next time he'll try to hit a bison in Yellowstone. Man hitting baseballs into Grand Canyon identified; National Park Service says outcome could have been disaster

We checked in at a beach side campground and received a lecture about trash and not picking up after our dog would not the tolerated at all!. Then the host led us by golf cart to our space. DW got out and looked over the site then called the host to point out 3 piles of dog stuff on the grass. He turned and marched over to a camper and loudly told them to vacate while he stayed and watched them hook up and depart. He had warned them once.

I handed him a beer and asked where he served in the Marine Corps? We did actually exchange challenge coins and told some very good war stories. ( The difference between war story and Fairy Tail? Fairy tails begin with "once upon a time" War story begins with "Now fellows this ain't no Sh%$"

Cheers

I was so disappointed this past weekend camping at Yogi Bear in Quarryville Pa. I understand it was a "Halloween Weekend" with lots of kids roaming the grounds but the amount of trash I picked up walking the grounds was very depressing. The parents of these trashers should be ashamed of themselves for not teaching them "camping basics" the and respect of mother nature. That's what they get for letting the school system do the teaching. What a shame that we can't enjoy nature without stepping over trash. Welcome the the new normal.
How is it you blame the school system? Don't see the correlation to what is taught in any school I know of. Lots of places to place blame including parents and some people's lazy nature but I don't see the schools connection here.

Listen folks, throwing trash has been around since trash was invented. Some folks do it, some don’t. And it’s a worldwide phenomenon. Mt Fuji in Japan looks a trash heap. I see people everyday throwing trash out their vehicle windows. The best we can do is teach our kids and grandkids not to do it. Until everybody is onboard we will have to pick up after the slobs.

Having been a Scout leader for 10 years, I can attest to the fact that there are at least 25 young men in Arkansas that know to leave a campsite better than they found it. In fact, 3 of those young men ended up working for the NPS in Yosemite.
Schools shouldn't be tasked with preventing litter...that's the parent's job.

I was so disappointed this past weekend camping at Yogi Bear in Quarryville Pa. I understand it was a "Halloween Weekend" with lots of kids roaming the grounds but the amount of trash I picked up walking the grounds was very depressing. The parents of these trashers should be ashamed of themselves for not teaching them "camping basics" the and respect of mother nature. That's what they get for letting the school system do the teaching. What a shame that we can't enjoy nature without stepping over trash. Welcome the the new normal.

Boondocking, We pull into farm yards. We pick up all the trash we see and off we go. A way to pay rent so to speak and good excersice.

Amazing how people can RISE UP about Some things, DAILY, BUT, not TRASH, in all its subtle forms.

The grandparents can't help anymore, because now they are of the age of ,

well, they are the kids of the loser parenting group that loved divorce and are now grandparents on their very own.

And they keep on teaching this crap as they look for spouse number 3:

Think of yourself and keep hunting down new partners and spouses to waste your time on instead of raising the kids you already made society deal with because you can't be bothered.

Hmmmmm.

My Rant. Carry on.

Last edited:
Amazing how people can RISE UP about Some things, DAILY, BUT, not TRASH, in all its subtle forms.
What???

The grandparents can't help anymore, because now they are of the age of ,

well, they are the kids of the loser parenting group that loved divorce and are now grandparents on their very own.
My wife is the product of a divorced household but was still raised properly, put herself through nursing school, and became a good parent. And her parents (and step-mother) are good grandparents. Divorce is all too common and sad but I don't buy the whole "my parents are divorced" defense for sub-par behavior!

Back
Top Bottom