Travel Channel Show - Southern California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heathmitch

Hello,

I'm a producer on a Travel Channel pilot about RV culture called "My RV Life," which looks at the RV lifestyle. We'd love to do a segment with someone who does luxury customizations -- theme rigs would be perfect -- and is in Southern California.

We're also looking for a couple or family who'd like to show us their rig and tell us a little bit about why they love RVing.

If you or anyone you know might be interested, please let me know -- we're looking to shoot the episode in about a month or so.

Thanks for your time,

Heather Mitchell
Associate Producer
"My RV Life"
Martin-Calvert Productions

Heather:

Wasn't it the Travel Channel that just aired the piece on Marathon Coach in Oregon?

Yes it was Jeff and I explained that to Heather in an email dialog. She's looking for an ultra-luxury conversion shop within 2 hours of LA, but Marathon is the closest and is too far away.

Maybe for their next show, they could focus on us "po folk".  You know, the real people that have "just a trailer", pulled by "just a truck", going to "just a campground", to have "just some fun".  Well, we can dream, can't we!?

I almost suggested they consider filiming Carl with his original trailer (see photo).

Attachments

• CARLSTLR-3.jpg
    CARLSTLR-3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 23
The favorite topics seem to be outlandish or outrageous RV's.

Makes better news I guess - even if it doesn't reflect 99 1/2 % of Real RVing.

In defense of the original poster, she works for an independent production company who, after they complete all the work, have to be able to sell their product to the TV programming folks such as the Travel Channel. Presumably, as Jeff suggests, it's the outrageous and outlandish stuff that makes "good" television, so they produce what they think they can sell.

Maybe I should put headlights on the boat and pretend it's one of those amphibious BoaterHomes  :)

edjunior said:
Maybe for their next show, they could focus on us "po folk".  You know, the real people that have "just a trailer", pulled by "just a truck", going to "just a campground", to have "just some fun".  Well, we can dream, can't we!?

I remember someone did produce a show about the "po folk". It focused on the people at The Slabs in CA. Now that was "po"!! It would be nice to see a show about the folks who make up the majority of RVers.

Jim Dick said:
It would be nice to see a show about the folks who make up the majority of RVers.

That wouldn't be newsworthy.

Jim Dick said:
I remember someone did produce a show about the "po folk". It focused on the people at The Slabs in CA. Now that was "po"!! It would be nice to see a show about the folks who make up the majority of RVers.

Everyone saw that Jim. My daughter called her mother to see if that was where I wanted to take her "down in the desert" next winter. ::) ::)

Jeff /Washington said:
Everyone saw that Jim. My daughter called her mother to see if that was where I wanted to take her "down in the desert" next winter. ::) ::)

Jeff,

That show did not do a lot for the public's impression of RVers. I can see why your daughter was worried. :)

Back
Top Bottom