Travel plans for Oct 1, 2019 to Nat. Parks? Possible Closure??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AStravelers

Do you have travel plans to visit National Parks or other Federal Government campgrounds on or right after Oct 1, 2019?  Be sure you have alternate plans in case of a Federal Government Shutdown over the Budget & government funding.

With the the ongoing fighting in Congress & the Executive Branch there could be a big fight over the Budget and Funding on Oct 1, 2019 which could cause the parks and campgrounds to be closed.  

I not saying it will happen or pointing any fingers about who would be to blame, many people have strong opinions on all 3 sides.  Just be aware that a shutdown could happen and make your plans accordingly. 

Don't worry about it Momma, those idiot politicians are always making empty threats. Spoiled brats want to get their own way and try and hold us hostage. And since the government only runs a very small number of campgrounds it would be easy to find one if they did get shut down.

I remember a few years back when they shut down for the first time in many years (sad that we now even have to think of this!) What a disaster! We were at a state park, and there were long lines of poor European tourists looking for campsites. They had saved for a true bucket list trip, and were shut out. The park was letting self contained units stay in parking areas overnight, but they didn?t allow real ? camping.? I admit we now make sure we have alternative places to go in early October.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Can I object? Would my feedback change anything? Here's my feedback- ?

You objection has been overruled and noted for the record.

I would suggest that you write a letter to your congress and let them know if they screw up your vacation your coming to DC with 6 pissed off kids....Just don't mention that they are good kids.

Why borrow trouble this early? In the four decades since the current system for budgeting and spending tax dollars has been in effect, Congress has managed to pass all its required appropriations measures on time only four times: in fiscal 1977 (the first full fiscal year under the current system), 1989, 1995 and 1997.

Kirk said:
Why borrow trouble this early? In the four decades since the current system for budgeting and spending tax dollars has been in effect, Congress has managed to pass all its required appropriations measures on time only four times: in fiscal 1977 (the first full fiscal year under the current system), 1989, 1995 and 1997.

:)) :))

Seems like I remember there was a budget issue which shutdown the Gov & most NP's and CG's for what, some 20-30 days, in Dec/Jan this last winter. 

I guess I am not understanding this statement in light of last winters shutdown:

Sept - 1990.......We were in NY........but the Statue of Liberty was closed; Dec - 1996 or so.....Yellowstone was closed for our snowmobile tour; Early in 2018 we were in Big Bend, Texas.....RV camping OK but no garbage or sanitary services; Jan - 2019.....We did Yellowstone thanks to the  leasing arrangement of the Lodge. Its OUR government.......plan accordingly!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom