Travel Trailer Preferences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That 3900lb payload is a published number NOT the number on the yellow and white tag on the b piller, that going to be the biggest hickup, yeah the truck will pull a house but its payload is limited on a 2500. Most 3500 dont have a payload of 3900lbs
Raise, call, or fold...you're up, steve...;)

Attachments

• KIMG0525.JPG
    KIMG0525.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Wow cool i stand corrected - its gotta be a pretty base model?
The only...only...things I had added to the baseline were tow hooks, a brake controller, and a spray-in bedliner. I guess all those added together weigh 97 pounds because the original payload was 4010 pounds. I had to order the truck because everything they had on the lot was way more truck than I needed or wanted to pay for.

The only...only...things I had added to the baseline were tow hooks, a brake controller, and a spray-in bedliner. I guess all those added together weigh 97 pounds because the original payload was 4010 pounds. I had to order the truck because everything they had on the lot was way more truck than I needed or wanted to pay for.
Thats cool because most trucks these days (including mine) are so overoptioned its takes away from payload and gives you crap you dont need - so good for you đź‘Ť

Thats cool because most trucks these days (including mine) are so overoptioned its takes away from payload and gives you crap you dont need - so good for you đź‘Ť
Thanks, RAM was the only one who would let me actually order a truck. Chevy and Ford both said I had to take what was on the lot. If it hadn't been for that, I would have ordered a Chevy 2500. My current (just sold) truck was a Silverado 1500 and it treated me really well over the years, but I'm not that brand loyal...I'll go with who will give me what I want.

I cant speak to all brands but in the 80s my dad was the plant manager for skipper/scamper trailers - skipper being the "budget" brand but both built on the same line. In the 80s Gm built Chev and Oldmobile on the same line. Today a Ford Edge is built on the same line as a Linkin Mkx .
I have a Voltage built on the same line as a Raptor but the Raptor is 30k more with realistically 5k worth of upgrades.

Do your homework and research the brands you like you may be suprised

Thorindustries.com
Forestriver.com

Thank you. You gave me your opinion of the best build quality and that is what I'm asking for...opinions as to quality. There are probably some on here who may think Arctic Fox is also run of the mill and nothing significantly different to them. I have to work with what is available to me and I made a partial list. Again, much appreciated.
Stay away from keystone if you want quality. The crap I am still going through on a 2021 5th wheel is nuts For warranty. Good luck on your search. Make sure the new rv you choose is hooked up to water and electricity to test everything.

Stay away from keystone if you want quality. The crap I am still going through on a 2021 5th wheel is nuts For warranty. Good luck on your search. Make sure the new rv you choose is hooked up to water and electricity to test everything.
I have a Keystone built Voltage same as a Keystone Raptor its just fine thank you very much - its my 3rd one
Problem is not so much brand but workers ,- trailers are built by hand. So. If Bob on the assembly line is having a bad day and fighting with his partner his work suffers. Adversely if Bob is having a good day his work is awesome.
If you like a unit check them all - you will suprised at the variations in quality between units. (I worked for a Forest River dealer for 5 months recieving units along other duties. The crap that came off the line was horrible some days - beyond crap some days and palatable others. I would never buy an FR product in a million yrs - but others are happy with them )
They all have issues sue your homework, you strike me as a pretty smart guy,
- product wise. You will make the right decisions product wise if you take your time

I have a Keystone built Voltage same as a Keystone Raptor its just fine thank you very much - its my 3rd one
Problem is not so much brand but workers ,- trailers are built by hand. So. If Bob on the assembly line is having a bad day and fighting with his partner his work suffers. Adversely if Bob is having a good day his work is awesome.
If you like a unit check them all - you will suprised at the variations in quality between units. (I worked for a Forest River dealer for 5 months recieving units along other duties. The crap that came off the line was horrible some days - beyond crap some days and palatable others. I would never buy an FR product in a million yrs - but others are happy with them )
They all have issues sue your homework, you strike me as a pretty smart guy,
- product wise. You will make the right decisions product wise if you take your time
I did the full-time RV thing years ago so I have a handle on what I want, but these days there are SO many to choose from and it's easy to get swamped with the numbers. That is why I started this post. If there is a consensus among those who reply that two or three particular models are crap - or that two or three are exceptionally good - then I would tend to shy away from those. Thanks again!

That 3900lb payload is a published number NOT the number on the yellow and white tag on the b piller, that going to be the biggest hickup, yeah the truck will pull a house but its payload is limited on a 2500. Most 3500 dont have a payload of 3900lbs
We discussed this in a previous thread and he confirmed that he has a GAS engine and a stripped Tradesman model, and that the 3900 lbs was an accurate number for the truck.

Charles

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom