Traveling Observations and towing Equinox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobtop46

Made the trip to Virginia from Florida on 15 April and spent 2 weeks in a State Park while building an RV site at my sons property.  The trip went well and the Equinox towed just fine with no dead battery.  Stayed below 65 MPH per the Chevy owners manual.  We did count 4 TT or 5ers on the side of the road with tire blow outs.  Strange to see all those blow outs.  Must be an air pressure issue, or speed related.  I wonder if they all had the one brand/make of tire that is rated for 87 MPH, while all the others are rated at 65 MPH.  Either way I hate to see RVs on the side of the road because it could be me.  Knock on wood.

What I cannot understand is how do they blame China bombs when they are pulling these TT or FW at 70-80 mph.  They all are rated at no more than 65 mph.

Bobtop46 said:
We did count 4 TT or 5ers on the side of the road with tire blow outs.  Strange to see all those blow outs.  Must be an air pressure issue, or speed related.  I wonder if they all had the one brand/make of tire that is rated for 87 MPH, while all the others are rated at 65 MPH.  Either way I hate to see RVs on the side of the road because it could be me.  Knock on wood.

Did you happen to take I-95 through SC?  I took that route 2 years ago and the road was terrible. THUMP,THUMP, THUMP from the NC/SC border to almost into GA. You could see all kinds of rubber on the entire length of that route from blow outs. Mostly tractor trailer tires and many RV tires. I had a blow out so I know.

Hold it - You mean Rv's have to comply with speed laws?????  That must eb only when you are not in a hurry ??? ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom