Trik-L-Start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SunStar203

If one does not dry camp and keeps the moho hooked-up to electric while not in use, is there any advantage of a Trik-L-Start?

Dry camping is not the reason for Trik-L-Start.  Its purpose is to provide charging for the chassis battery while hooked to shore power, a function that is missing from most Winnebago gas chassis models and older diesels as well.

SunStar203 said:
... is there any advantage of a Trik-L-Start?

Absolutely an advantage, like Gary says it will keep your chassis battery(ies) charged while you are sitting on shore power.  Otherwise the only time your chassis battery(ies) are charged is when the engine is running.

John Canfield said:
Absolutely an advantage, like Gary says it will keep your chassis battery(ies) charged while you are sitting on shore power.  Otherwise the only time your chassis battery(ies) are charged is when the engine is running.

Except when you have solar power. This is an important feature when boondocking.

and if you want to own one, (a Trik-L-Start), I have a brand new one, never installed, in the package... 8)

I was having some problems with my previous coach not charging the coach batteries off shore power, but it turned out to be a fuse blown. It's always something simple after you spend the money.  ;D

I went the cheap route, as I have a couple Batter Tenders I use for our ATVs and Boat I just hooked up a set of leads to the chassis battery and I hook it up and plug it into the nearby wall outlet when it's at home and needs to be charged.  The Trik-L-Start is a great way, less hassle that's for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom