Trojan batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Al Wax

I need 4 house batteries ? preferably Trojan. Can anyone recommend a place to get them in the San Diego area?  I can get Interstate at Camping World but would prefer Trojan.  Any recommendations?

Al

Al Wax said:
I need 4 house batteries ? preferably Trojan. Can anyone recommend a place to get them in the San Diego area?? I can get Interstate at Camping World but would prefer Trojan.? Any recommendations?

Al

Try golf cart dealers they will probably have them or be able to tell you where to get them.

Thanks Bob/Ron

My concern when changing from wet batteries to AGM is the charging system. Are there any adjustments needed to be made to charge AGM batteries?

Al

Al Wax said:
Thanks Bob/Ron

My concern when changing from wet batteries to AGM is the charging system. Are there any adjustments needed to be made to charge AGM batteries?

Al

I purchased Lifeline AGM and no changes had to be made in the Heart Inverter-Charger settings per a call to them to double check.

AGM batteries use a lower voltage for the float stage, but you can use the flooded cell setting if your controller doesn't have an AGM profile.  If you have a controller that lets you set the ambient temperature, set it 10 degrees higher for AGM batteries and the charging profile will be closer to the desired values.  The float voltage for AGM batteries is 13.2-13.4 volts.

Al Wax said:

Al

It depends on your inverter/charger. My Xantrex (Heart) Freedom controller has a position for AGM batteries. On the 4th column of lights (above the POWER SHARE button, the 4th light up is for AGM when in setup mode. Remind to show it to you when we see you next week.

Just do NOT select the charger setting for sealed or maintenance free batteries when installing AGMs. Use the standard wet cell or flooded cell setting if the charger does not have an AGM setting.

Thi sis according to Lifeline, a major brand of AGM batteries.

Back
Top Bottom