Trouble installing Verizon software

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thebrits

I'm trying to reinstall the software for my cell phone  (haven't done so since the hard drive crashed).    After installing the drivers and the other software I'm getting a message that a wireless phone was not found.  The cable is firmly plugged in to the phone and the USB port, but I can't get any further with the installation.  any suggestions?

Peggy

Was the phone plugged in when you installed the software?  I believe it must NOT be plugged in until after the drivers have been installed.  Then Windows will recognize the phone when it's plugged in and install it using the correct driver.

No, it was not plugged in until after everything was installed, and Windows recognizes that the phone is there (Samsung USB device).  It seems to be the Verizon bit that isn't doing what it should.  I get the message that a wirelss phone was not found and to make sure the cables are all connected correctly, which they appear to be.

I seem to remember having this trouble before, but can't remember what the fix was.

I have had three Verizon MOK software kits and the best luck I have is to install the drivers but not enable the Verizon Access Manager. I kept getting port busy conflicts when I did. It is not that difficult to create a Dial up connection manually that is a lot more reliable.

Bob referred you to the cell phone group at Yahoo that discusses this in detail.

It doesn't make sense, but moving to another USB port will sometimes (but not always) fix that problem. It has worked for me twice. I got the info from a Verizon tech.

Chet18013 said:
My HP laptop has 4  USB connections. I have found that I must always use the same one or the phone can't be found and this usually means a reinstall of the Verizon sof****er.

Chet18013

Chet, I have the same situation with 4 ports, but I just run the Wizard option on the Verizon software and that quickly finds the phone. I have never reinstalled the software in two years of operation.

Bob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom