Truck tool box for 5th wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rick195920191959

I have a short bed Ram 2500 and have a super slide hitch and I need suggestions on a truck tool box that wont inter fear with my 5th wheel while traveling.

Welcome to the RV Forum Rick.

Can't help with your question...Just wanted to say Hello.

Almost any of the brands out there make "low profile" tool boxes.  I prefer the cross bed type where the edges rest on top of the truck bed rails.  My current box is a little over 2 1/2" from the top of the bed rail to the top of the lid.......certainly no clearance issues there.  You can find them all the way from say $200 up to over $1000 dollars and it just depends on the material used to make it, the quality of the construction, and the features/locks that they use.  Do a google search  for low profile crossbed tool box and you'll be amazed at how many pop up.  Then of course you can find the kind that just mount to the bed of the truck and don't sit on the bed rails....it all about personal preference.

Welcome to the Forum!

Stating the obvious, make sure it will fit between the FW hitch and the front of the bed, too.

Ditto @xrated.  I have the over the bed rails side to side type in my short bed truck with a 5th wheel.  Works well....I also have a slider type hitch that with the new(ish) trailer I don't have to slide even on near 90 degree turns.

I do have good clearance between the tailer and the bed rails - 5" or so......leaves some breathing room.

-Kyle

I use this box that I purchased from Sam's club. You can also find them at many farm ranch stores.

https://i.imgur.com/P0PIvAh.jpg

It has never interfered with my 5th wheel and it sets about 6 inches above the floor of the bed.  When the hitch is removed a sheet of plywood or Sheetrock will fit under the tool box making it easier to haul them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom