Truckwashes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ned said:
Ok, you asked for it.? We have NEVER use a truck wash.? Our motor home is cleaned only with Dry Wash'n'Guard and water.

OK Ned, if you use Dry Wash'n'Guard what do you do with the water? Drink it?  ;D

Ok, guys, I have to confess to being the type that can, once in awhile, get fooled....but I've been through truck washes with three different motorhomes since 1993 and there have been none with other than soapy sprays and clear sprays and some soft brushes that are manned by humans. Nope, I wouldn't take my motorhome through some of the mechanized car washes that I've routinely used with a passenger car.

When on a cross country trip, we've routinely pulled into a truck wash and each time it's been about as delicate as I'd do at home.

My coach has full body paint. Am I in error?

Bob:

That is very interesting.  Being the lazy type myself, I have often wondered about what you are doing.  I look forward to see what advice the forum experts give.

Barb: What is Blue Beacon, please?

Blue Beacon is a nationwide chain of truck washes found next to some truck stops.

For those that have used Blue Beacon, how much do they charge? Is it brushless like some of the better car washes? We have a new 38 foot with full body paint and haven't needed a wash yet but are wondering what to do when we do.

$30-$40. Men with high pressure hoses and long handled brushes. No drying provided.

Back
Top Bottom