Truckwashes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smoky

You did't really expect a serious answer from this group  ???  Did you find a free truck wash somewhere?

I would stick with handwashes until you get some age on that new paint Smoky. I would assume most new coaches have a clearcoat over the paint but I wouldn't take any chances.

LOL Geesh guys!  I am surprised Ned didn't chime in with an additional "concise" answer adding to the ones I got.  ;D

Seriously, I was just wondering.  My thought was that I might ruin a good full body paint job if I drove it through a bunch of thrashing, clanging, whirling machines.  But on some of the other forums people extol the virtues of driving through those big truck washes.

Let us know what happens the first time you drive through one Smoky.  ;D

Ok, you asked for it.  We have NEVER use a truck wash.  Our motor home is cleaned only with Dry Wash'n'Guard and water.

Smoky said:
LOL Geesh guys!  I am surprised Ned didn't chime in with an additional "concise" answer adding to the ones I got.  ;D

Seriously, I was just wondering.  My thought was that I might ruin a good full body paint job if I drove it through a bunch of thrashing, clanging, whirling machines.  But on some of the other forums people extol the virtues of driving through those big truck washes.

Smoky

The 2 truck washes that I use in Phoenix are both hand washes.

ROFL! 

Usually I can "prod" you guys into more complete answers.  I am always looking for an easy out.  But this time I will assume that since none of you have ever used a truck wash on your full body paint MH, then it is not worth the risk of my being first.  :eek:

That reminds me to be sure to order some Dry n Wash n Guard from Ron when I get to Sam's camp.  I have the sample still, but plan to use it on the new MH next week.

I will ask for a refund if I later find out truck washes do a better job than DWG.  <joking>

Smoky said:
ROFL! 

Usually I can "prod" you guys into more complete answers.  I am always looking for an easy out.  But this time I will assume that since none of you have ever used a truck wash on your full body paint MH, then it is not worth the risk of my being first.  :eek:

Smoky

We just supply the facts ;D ;D

But as I said, the 2 places I use are TRUCK WASHES, one is right across the street from the Phoenix Flying J truck islands. And we have full body paint.

Bernie:

You said, "The 2 truck washes that I use in Phoenix are both hand washes"

Not sure what you mean.  They are truck washes that wash trucks by hand?

Smoky said:
Bernie:

You said, "The 2 truck washes that I use in Phoenix are both hand washes"

Not sure what you mean.  They are truck washes that wash trucks by hand?

Smoky

YES

LOL, ok! ?Then I still plan to stay away from those big mechanical truck washes I have seen at the truck stops on the Interstates.

Tom said:
It's BYOLAB

Bring your own ladder and brush.

Tom

If you are talking about my 2 truck hand washes, just bring my coach. There are 3-4 workers washing the coach with brushes and hoses, I even get them to do the top and then they hand wipe it down.

Thanks for clarification Bernie. I was thinking DIY, but I obviously read something you didn't write.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom