True Cost of Ownership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POS Racing

First off I'd like to thank you guys for this forum, I've picked up some great information here in the lurk mode!

The family is thinking about adding a our first RV to fleet.? We have a 11 year daughter and we love to explore.? We have gone to an RV show and visited a couple dealers and are basically overwhelmed at this point.? ;)

We like the Class C units the best, they seem to give my 11 year old daughter her own space rather than sleeping in the kitchen.

My question is what is the true cost of ownership on an RV??

We know I have insurance, possible bank note, fuel costs, but with all the systems strapped to RV what other items do I need to consider in my cost analysis??

TIA
Mick

Storage when not using.

Engine and drivetrain maintenance including oil changes, brakes,

Tires change every 5-7 years regardless of wear.  House batteries on about the same interval.

Cost of toad since you are getting a motorhome.  If you have a vehicle now that can operate as a toad, then the cost of towing systems.

Annual propane system checks.  Maintenance on fridge, furnace, water heater -- PM is annual or biennial. 

Campground fees are more than offset by lodging expenses so they are a net saving, but they are not free.

Depending on how you consider bank payments DEPRECIATION, especially if you buy new.

Carl Lundquist said:
Annual propane system checks. Maintenance on fridge, furnace, water heater -- PM is annual or biennial.
What are we looking at as far as cost for the above???

We want to find a pre-owned unit and let someone else pick up the largest part of the depreciation on the RV.  ;)

Plan to go to the Dallas RV show this weekend and get more overwhelmed.  ;D

Thanks Again!
Mick

What are we looking at as far as cost for the above???

Cannot answer that.  It depends on your maintenance shop.  Price vary all over the country.  Go down to a shop and check out there prices if they post them.  My local Camping World does.

Back
Top Bottom