True Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
F

fuzzystjohn

Someone read my story and sent a possible suggestion I should name the dealer.  And when I went on for the first time someone else recommended I not give out the dealers name.  I will not give out the dealers name....However, I will say the dealer is located in Florida and unless you live less than let's say 100 miles or less buy your unit closer to home,  Only a suggestion of course...

My experience is over now and what I will do is if someone asks me to my face I will not hesitate in giving them my story and the dealer name. 

The reason  I will not give out the dealers name is that there are other folks there who are trying to earn a living. There are folks who were very cordial to me and my wife and supported us in other ways.

And there may be legal issues here that may bite me you know where...It's over but the message is to give a heads up to those who deal with these big rv dealers...

I am not finished yet...look for my publication in the near future...

Rich..

As Tom said elsewhere, we have no problem (ethical or legal) with naming a dealer in the context of your story. It's part of the facts in any report.  Where we (and quite possibly the dealer) would take issue is if the "story" became defamatory, e.g. accused the deaelr of malfeasance or illegal activity. We would love to hear your factual report but are not interested in flames.

As a Floridian myself, I am looking forward to seeing your follow-up publications.

Roamer, I understand the need to protect the forum, thus this will be my only post on the topic.

However I have always felt that if a story is true, and espically if it can be documented as such, the dealer (or other) who is slammed by the facts has no recorse other than to clean up his act. 

And the readers need to know where not to go.

As I said in the opening sentence, that is all I have to say about it, I will respect the request that when posting names, I post only positive thoughts (As I do with one dealer in Las Vegas (Wheelers) who I feel did a fantastic job of taking care of me and Dave Simpson Glass (Also Las vegas) their glass man who not only fixed the problem well, but told me exactly what the factory needed to do to finish the job and how to tell if they had done it right.  Great people, I would not hesitate to visit them again should I need a new motor home.

However I have always felt that if a story is true, and espically if it can be documented as such, the dealer (or other) who is slammed by the facts has no recorse other than to clean up his act.

Isn't that what I said, John?  Tell the facts, including naming names as appropriate. Just  leave out the invective and all is well.

That's it in a nutshell Gary. Thanks for stating it so concisely.

Seeing as how I live along I-95 in Florida and am buying a MH from a dealer along I-95 in Florida, I would certainly be interested in knowing which dealer you were dealing with...

Back
Top Bottom