Trying anything new?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RREngr

Thanksgiving is usually a time for the tried and true traditional dishes.  However, I sometimes like to try one or two new dishes in addition to our usual fare.  This year I made a jello salad with melted miniature marshmallows and cranberries that someone posted on another forum, and my DIL is doing sweet potato balls with a marshmallow inside and coconut on the outside.  They just sounded fun, so thought we would try them out.  How about you, any new tasty goodies on the menu?  Kay

Well, we didn't do anything new this year, but a few years ago, we decided to try goose instead of Turkey.  It was a first, and probably won't be a last, though we've not had it since.  It was really very good, but definitely a lot "greasier" than turkey. 

RREngr said:
Thanksgiving is usually a time for the tried and true traditional dishes.?? How about you, any new tasty goodies on the menu?? Kay

Hi Kay,

At our potluck, it was requested that I bring creamed corn casserole and sweet potatoes.  I have not made creamed corn in a while so an INTERNET search of recipes yielded one that was a hit in my book.  It involved a Jiffy cornbread mix and a can of creamed corn and a can of whole kernel corn and a half cube of butter to which I added onions.  Yum.

Betty

Thought I would report back that I wasn't too impressed with my new jello dish, but the yam balls were really good!  Especially loved when you reach the melted marshmallow in the middle--yummy!  Betty, your creamed corn dish sounds rich and yummy too. Are you going to post the recipe?  Hint hint  I have never tried goose, but one year we did try that turkey/duck combination that was so popular a few years back.  It was okay, but I much prefer regular turkey.  I always make homemade noodles to cook in some of the turkey broth-
-anyone else make noodles. My family requests them for every holiday meal and for birthdays too! It's fun to know what others like to cook.  Kay

Betty,

>> It involved a Jiffy cornbread mix and a can of creamed corn and a can of whole kernel corn and a half cube of butter to which I added onions. <<

Good ole southern cooking!!  Pat makes it for Turkey day and whenever else I can get her to do so.  VBG  It is one of our favorites!!

best Regards to both of you,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom