Trying to get started.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all,

Just trying to break into RVing.
I am looking at the Trancend 261BH but the local dealer is sticking to advertised price of $31500 plus:
$1000 for destination
$1000 for some nonsense care package that is basically what they have to provide by law
$750 for a WD hitch
And $430 in doc fees
Hopefully things will get better pricing wise soon.
Here is the online price btw. So it’s this plus $2750 added for destination, the $1000 peace of mind package scam, and $750 for the hitch.

Attachments

• 2115236F-0881-459E-88BE-91F61013F835.png
    2115236F-0881-459E-88BE-91F61013F835.png
    259.7 KB · Views: 9
I know is subjective, but even for an RV dealer, a 1.5 star average review in Yelp (over 100 of them) is pretty low.

I'd avoid them like the plague.

If you can wait. Then wait. If not. It'll all work out. This economy is collapsing and you'll get a better deal if you wait. That goes for rvs, vehicles, real-estate etc. The sellers just don't realize it yet. Don't forget that the fed just went up 0.75 and they will go up again atleast 0.50 around Feb or March. You have to factor that in if you are financing. All the best of luck to you.
Hi all,

Just trying to break into RVing.
I am looking at the Trancend 261BH but the local dealer is sticking to advertised price of $31500 plus:
$1000 for destination
$1000 for some nonsense care package that is basically what they have to provide by law
$750 for a WD hitch
And $430 in doc fees
Hopefully things will get better pricing wise soon.

Here is the online price btw. So it’s this plus $2750 added for destination, the $1000 peace of mind package scam, and $750 for the hitch.
The propane is worth $40-$50. I got a Thousand Trails membership with my TT (no specific additional charge) that retailed around $600. The rest of the stuff on this list is part of the dealer's responsibility

First post, but I figured I would toss in something to think about.
I can travel anywhere in the country to save a few thousand on an RV. I have flat out told them that too. One example:
Dealer asks how I know the price he has posted is 10K too high?
Show him on cell from RVTrader listings for the same rig.
avg. was about 10K high.
So, why would I not drive 400-1200 miles to save 9K? I may spend no more than $800 on fuel to pick it up and bring it home.
So, do the online battle of pricing.

First post, but I figured I would toss in something to think about.
I can travel anywhere in the country to save a few thousand on an RV. I have flat out told them that too. One example:
Dealer asks how I know the price he has posted is 10K too high?
Show him on cell from RVTrader listings for the same rig.
avg. was about 10K high.
So, why would I not drive 400-1200 miles to save 9K? I may spend no more than $800 on fuel to pick it up and bring it home.
So, do the online battle of pricing.
Welcome.

I don't see anything about the peace of mind package that requires them to do anything. "255 point inspection" - then what? What if you discover something they miss or breaks later? Fix on the spot, or wait in their service queue for 4 months along with all their other "VIP's"? What is a "fresh" battery? The rest I see as just an opportunity to spend more money with them which is fine if there's a value there. The corollary to that would be what if they allowed you to decline - does that mean no dealer prep and you get treated to all the factory warts, empty propane tanks and a dead battery? Maybe the prep fees do have some value and it's their way to advertise units at lower prices, but I would put in the contract specific terms of performance or actions so you have some recourse if the promises fall short.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom