Trying to shrink the sink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

airborne_spoon

I want to move my sink in my bushwhacker to above the furnace, but the only option is to raise the whole countertop about 2in and I don't want to do that because it'll have to be 2 inches shorter of a countertop because of the curvature of the galley.
The drain is just so long is there anything shorter that does the same thing? I need the total to be 2in up to 2.25in it's just the threaded portion and a small port.

PXL_20220813_195223305.jpgPXL_20220813_195822021.jpg

I think this might work. I gotta go to a home Depot and measure it as if it was screwed onto the sink threads. But if it's short enough I could then just toss on a couple adapters to shrink it down to the drain hose size.

What do y'all think?

Screenshot_20220813-181057.png

Why not make a two inch spacer ring for just under the sink lip? Then it will match what looks like your cooktop. It also looks like you have no trap under the sink, just an elbow.

Why not make a two inch spacer ring for just under the sink lip? Then it will match what looks like your cooktop. It also looks like you have no trap under the sink, just an elbow.
Because the stove is going to go away, I plan on getting an oven/stove combo that'll go on the far right in place of the ice chest and then a 12v refer will go next to that (maybe, still lots of measurements) so even moving the sink over about 8" to allow for a 13" refer will still be encroaching on the top of the furnace with the current trap the sink has. It doesn't need a trap so I want it to just drain out since there is no grey tank it goes right to the ground (I'll prob get a 5gal portable tank for grey later).

ditch the sink and do dishes in a pan on a picnic table. Your sink looks pretty useless to me as it is, small and messy.

Why not buy a 90 degree sink drain. Pretty common in the boatie world.

This one is 1 5/8 but 2 inchers are readily available.

1660477696413.png

Why not buy a 90 degree sink drain. Pretty common in the boatie world.

This one is 1 5/8 but 2 inchers are readily available.

View attachment 156600
Just curious , what holds it tight to the bottom of the sink? I see the rubber seal.

I started looking for "low profile" drains and found this one. It's got a 3/4 barb which is what size hose I already got. The boat stuff seemed to only have 1in barb and that would mean a new hose too. Since it's Amazon I'll see if it fits, if not it's an easy return.

I started looking for "low profile" drains and found this one. It's got a 3/4 barb which is what size hose I already got. The boat stuff seemed to only have 1in barb and that would mean a new hose too. Since it's Amazon I'll see if it fits, if not it's an easy return.

Yeah - Boat guys - Why put a 2 inch hole in your boat when a 1 inch will do - LOL...

(Boat guys send grey water straight over board. Hopefully above the waterline - LOL)

That looks like it will work. The flip open design means you can't put a crap trap in the sink. I am sure you can find one with a debris trap if you need that.

Yeah - Boat guys - Why put a 2 inch hole in your boat when a 1 inch will do - LOL...

(Boat guys send grey water straight over board. Hopefully above the waterline - LOL)

That looks like it will work. The flip open design means you can't put a crap trap in the sink. I am sure you can find one with a debris trap if you need that.
Yeah with the flippy stopper I was thinking I could just pop that out and then use a normal rubber stopper and then that would also allow a strainer to fit and grab debris as it drains.

One of these was on my vintage popup camper. We added a second sink bowl (bar sink) and needed to use the same type of low profile trap. Worked great, cheap and very low profile. Fits the smaller holes like on a bar sink or vanity sink. You will probably want to replace the hose with a different more durable hose (toss the thru the wall component).

www.amazon.com/Camco-Flexible-Trailers-Connection-37420/dp/B000EDUTPO/

One of these was on my vintage popup camper. We added a second sink bowl (bar sink) and needed to use the same type of low profile trap. Worked great, cheap and very low profile. Fits the smaller holes like on a bar sink or vanity sink. You will probably want to replace the hose with a different more durable hose (toss the thru the wall component).

www.amazon.com/Camco-Flexible-Trailers-Connection-37420/dp/B000EDUTPO/
That's the exact one I have already, see the pic on the first post lol
A few posts up you can see the one I bought it's quite small so it should work great.

well this stupid thing is only 1.5 inch not 2 inch so it doesn't fit and its going back to amazon
But this one i found the manufacture page and its listed there as a true 2 inch made for a 2 inch hole so heres hoping it fits

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom