TT GPS App

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DMurNF

Hi All -

I was researching some apps to use while trailering and I came across CoPilot GPS. Was wondering if anyone had any experience or thoughts on this app? While it does have a $30/yr subscription it does what I think is a lot. After entering your TT/Camper dimensions it will keep you off roads that you are prohibited to enter (quite a few in my neck of the woods) and you can choose between highway, back roads, toll road travel. It appears you can also set a max speed to get a more accurate time of arrival. I'm just looking for an app that I don't need to over analyze my route of travel but can also filter options. Just trying to get reviews or thoughts before I buy the subscription. Thanks!

I've not used Co-Pilot but have seen several positive reviews from RV owners.

You might also be interested in the Low Clearance website, a subscription service that provides GPS POI data for thousands of low clearance sites. They claim to have the largest database of US & Canadian low clearances anywhere, over 8000 total. These are in a standard format that can be used with most major GPS. Whether the GPS uses those in route planning as well as route monitoring may vary by the brand & model of the GPS. It can filter by specific height.

I've not used Co-Pilot but have seen several positive reviews from RV owners.

You might also be interested in the Low Clearance website, a subscription service that provides GPS POI data for thousands of low clearance sites. They claim to have the largest database of US & Canadian low clearances anywhere, over 8000 total. These are in a standard format that can be used with most major GPS. Whether the GPS uses those in route planning as well as route monitoring may vary by the brand & model of the GPS. It can filter by specific height.
Thank You! I'll have to check that out as well. I'm going to try out the Co-Pilot and see how it works out. Thanks again

If you have CarPlay you might double check that any app you get plays nicely with it. Personally I like Google Maps, I don't find myself in add spots very often, price is right, works as intended. I especially like the traffic re-routing feature, has saved me several times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom