TT skirting for winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatLightning

We're going to be in the trailer through this winter (only) in Sacramento. I saw quite a few trailers in Nevada with this skirting. It's not cheap, but sounds like it would be worth it.

Anyone have or is familiar with the EZ Snap Skirting and want to pitch in about it?

Thanks,
Cat

Maybe this would be an alternative?

Maybe this would be an alternative?
Maybe, but it's much more expensive than the EZ Snap. Looks like I'd be otd under $1500 with EZ Snap. Sacramento isn't super cold, but it definitely hits freezing and gets wee snow every once in a while. The underbelly of my trailer is enclosed, but I still think skirting is smart, since this trailer's going to the in-laws in the Spring. Trying to keep it in new as possible shape. I think it gets much colder in Winnemuca Nevada where I saw these on trailers; makes me think it's probably a very effective skirting.

Why? Sacramento does not get that cold in the winter. If I remember when we lived in Vacaville lows were in the mid 40s to upper 50s.

I still think skirting is smart,
I would agree as it will save you money on heating and your floors will not be so cold. The Air Skirts would give you some degree of insulating value but I'm not so sure how well they seal so the skirts may be better if it gets windy. I don't think that I would spend the higher price where you are, but might if I were somewhere like Montana or Wyoming. I would suspect also that the RV Skirts will probably take less storage space and weigh less.

Why? Sacramento does not get that cold in the winter. If I remember when we lived in Vacaville lows were in the mid 40s to upper 50s.
I've lived in Sacramento several times over the last 20 years; it definitely does hit freezing temperatures several times during December and January. Snowed a few times too. I'm of the better safe than sorry type, so why not.

I would agree as it will save you money on heating and your floors will not be so cold. The Air Skirts would give you some degree of insulating value but I'm not so sure how well they seal so the skirts may be better if it gets windy. I don't think that I would spend the higher price where you are, but might if I were somewhere like Montana or Wyoming. I would suspect also that the RV Skirts will probably take less storage space and weigh less.
Agree on not spending too much for this climate. $1000-1500 seems reasonable imo

Back
Top Bottom