TT storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starfish

I'm putting my TT in a storage lot and have a couple of questions.? How do you store the fresh water, grey, and black?? I plan on about 4 or 5 gallons in each of the grey and black, but what about the fresh?

I plan on using it in a month or so.? I am in So Cal, on the beach, so I don't expect cold weather.? What about the battery?? I figure it will be fine connected.?

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Sean

I live and store in So.California.  You can either empty or keep water in the fresh tank.  Empty is simplest.  If not, stabilize it with pllain chlorine bleach about a tablespoon per 10 gallons of water.  Consider it as useful only for toilet flushing or hand washing.  Dump before using it and replace with fresh city water -- So. Cal water is pretty heavily clorinated.

No need tho have anything in the grey tank.  Be sure that all the sink and shower P traps have water in them.  If you must park with black tank undrained, besure you have at least 5 gallons of water in it and leave extra water in the toilet bowl to seal it.

Turn off the propane at the tanks.  Disconnect the batteries at the positive/red lead.  Otherwise stray loads will drain them.

Leave a roof vent open a few inches to keep moisture from condensing in the trailer.  Prop the fridge doors open to prevent mold.

That's all.  I have solar so I get my batteries recharged and maintained in my absence.  I still diconnect with a switch on the positive lead.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom