TT vs 5wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m not that bold but thanks for your honesty. I’m currently looking at a kz durango 290rlt half ton towable with 1410 dry pin that I would feel comfy with. But kz dealers in PA are like hens teeth. I found one 3 hrs away I’m going to look at tomorrow. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on the kz durango brand? Thanks in advance.
Mines a 2017 KZ Durango thats got 30,000 miles with no major issues. Like any brand there will be small things needing attention, fix them yourself if you don't want it tied up months. Do a good walk through before you take possession, any major thing get fixed before you take possession. Most things in the RV will be built by someone else and installed in the RV, Coleman, Suburban, Dometic etc. Those things will have a manufacture warranty call them first you will get quicker service as thy have more repair facilities. I have had little trouble from the things KZ built other than the closet rod all the way across the RV was not sturdy enough to hold many cloths. I put a support in the middle from rod to floor. Any other question PM. You can also get some good info from the KZ forum The dealers are like hens teeth nation wide, it was a small manufacture bought by Thor a couple years ago, time will tell how that goes.

Hey steveblonde, you seem to have alot of knowledge tucked away up there in calgary. How bout this. I am going to look at a kz durango 290rlt 5er in the a.m.. It looks nice in pics and the pin weight fits for how much I want to tow with my 2020 ram 2500, gvw 10k, ccc3100,: 6.4L, 3.73, 8 speed, 21500gcwr. It seems kz dealers are rare, at least in PA. I wouldn’t want to drive 3 hours one way for service if needed. Thanks in advance.
Kz trailer have been around since 1972 they had some real quality issues around 2008 but i havent heard anything negative since then
So far as your truck look at yellow decal drivers side door piller your payload is in excess of 3000 lbs so even fully loaded that kz has a gvwr of 10500 so even at 25 loaded to the max with 1400lbs of gear your only at 2600lbs max pin weight plus hitch cargo etc.
I would say your fine but scale it when you buy it with everything in it EXCEPT water it has a 50 gal tank so if you add water 50x 8.6 = 430 lbs that will tell you max weights
Good luck hope this helps if not let me know what else i can help you with
Cheers

I’m not that bold but thanks for your honesty. I’m currently looking at a kz durango 290rlt half ton towable with 1410 dry pin that I would feel comfy with. But kz dealers in PA are like hens teeth. I found one 3 hrs away I’m going to look at tomorrow. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on the kz durango brand? Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I’m not familiar with the KZ line. As for pin weight, mine is advertised with 1800# on the pin (one reason I bought it), 12,000# camper. The scales revealed a 12,000# camper with 3000# of that on the pin. Loaded for a road trip, 15 gl of water, empty waste tanks. An upgraded mattress and washer/dryer unit installed up front didn’t help.
As always, YMMV.

Yes, my next truck will be a 3500 Ram Cummins short bed. I doubt I’ll see any difference in the towing.

Mines a 2017 KZ Durango thats got 30,000 miles with no major issues. Like any brand there will be small things needing attention, fix them yourself if you don't want it tied up months. Do a good walk through before you take possession, any major thing get fixed before you take possession. Most things in the RV will be built by someone else and installed in the RV, Coleman, Suburban, Dometic etc. Those things will have a manufacture warranty call them first you will get quicker service as thy have more repair facilities. I have had little trouble from the things KZ built other than the closet rod all the way across the RV was not sturdy enough to hold many cloths. I put a support in the middle from rod to floor. Any other question PM. You can also get some good info from the KZ forum The dealers are like hens teeth nation wide, it was a small manufacture bought by Thor a couple years ago, time will tell how that goes.
Thanks EDD505. Didn’t realize you had one. You sound like me as far as fixing. No mater house or trailer I can fix most things mynself. Thanks again.

Kz trailer have been around since 1972 they had some real quality issues around 2008 but i havent heard anything negative since then
So far as your truck look at yellow decal drivers side door piller your payload is in excess of 3000 lbs so even fully loaded that kz has a gvwr of 10500 so even at 25 loaded to the max with 1400lbs of gear your only at 2600lbs max pin weight plus hitch cargo etc.
I would say your fine but scale it when you buy it with everything in it EXCEPT water it has a 50 gal tank so if you add water 50x 8.6 = 430 lbs that will tell you max weights
Good luck hope this helps if not let me know what else i can help you with
Cheers
Thanks again steveblonde. As I said before, you are a wealth of knowledge just waiting to release it. Nice to know there are guys like you on the forum that can help when needed. Thanks again and stay warm.

Back
Top Bottom