TT's: Decisions, decisions, decisions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lynn2235

Hi All-
This is my 1st time posting but everyone here seems so great I thought I'd ask for some help.
My husband, son and I have decided to purchase our 1st TT. 
This is what (we think) we know: we'd like a slide, under 30", litewight, and not a canvas expandable. As a child my family camped all the tme and I remebered the tight, cramped upper bunk so I was convinced we didn't want bunks... until I saw a Springdale wth 2 double bunks! Much different than what I was used to. The thought of not having to set up the dinette and/or couch every morning is very appealing and knowing we'd have room for a friend of 2 of my son's is great too.

What we don't know: what make, model, etc? Who else has NICE bunks in a liteweight?

Any feedback, tips etc would be very much appreciated!
Thanks!

Hi Lynne,

Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for answers. You are really the only one that can answer the question since you must live with it. There are quite a few manufacturers that make bunkhouse travel trailers. Prowler, Jayco, and Cherokee all have them. I'm sure others do as well. They have become very popular.

Some have bunks that fold up when not in use so you can carry large objects such as bicycles. Those will have doors on either side so it's easy to access the area as well as provide an emergency exit if needed. Not all manufacturers provide handles inside those doors but some do. Much nicer for getting out than climbing through an upper bunk window. It's a long drop from there for a child.

I would recommend searching the web for bunkhouse trailers and see what is available. Be sure to come back with any additional questions.

Like Jim said, there are a whole bunch of TT manufacturers out there that make bunkhouse units.? ?I would suggest traveling to a few RV shows to sample what is out on the market.? ?Nothing can replace walking around inside and trying out the facilities to help in making your choice.? ?If I were you, i would discount the use of dinette or sofa makedowns to provide bunking space.? ?

Also with a lot of people sleeping in the trailer, you will want at least two doors to provide ingress and egress.? ?An awning and camp chairs will provide a lot of external living space also.

Gentlemen,
Thanks for the replies. I havent been on but Im pleased to say we DID make a purchase last year-a 31"Class C! We purchased from Holman Motors in OHio and they were wonderful to deal with. I high ly recommend and will conside rthem 1st for our next one...yes, we're already thinking! :eek:)

Hi Lynne,

Congratulations on your new coach. I'm sure you will enjoy traveling in it. Be sure to let us know how your trips go and keep asking questions you might have.

Congratulations on the MH. I'm sure you'll have many happy hours traveling in her.

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom