turn signal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve & Leslie's Patriot

I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler I tow behind my RV. when I use the turn signals all lights flash in the back , and it is not very bright,but if I hook up a different car it works fine. So it must Be in the Jeep. Anyone have this problem, and have a solution
Dave   ???

You probably have diodes in the lighting wiring and they will reduce the voltage to the lamps by .6v. Also, the wiring from the front connector to the lights may not be large enough, causing a further voltage drop.  You can't do much about the diodes but you can try larger wiring.

When you say all lights flash do you mean 1. that all the lights flash at the same time regardless of which turnsignal or brake is activated, or 2. do you mean that the correct lights work for the individual turnsignal or brake but are just dim.

If it is #2 then you do not have a good ground between the MH and lights on the Jeep.

If it is #1 then you have a wiring error or diodes backward or defective.

I took your message to mean that all the correct lights flash, but if it's really ALL the lights flashing, then there is a wiring problem.

WOW, it was a bad ground.. Now that, in this case, surprises me.

But at least I hit it with option #2,  Hit it with option #1 too (They messed up the wiring) :)

Ah, all problems should be so easy to solve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjbodjb
Back
Top Bottom