TV and Antenna Options in Class B ----Any Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RandyM

I have a 94 Dodge Conversion Van, I am wanting to install the TV that was removed by previous owner. I probablly will not be doing much Dry Camping so I am not sure I really need the 12 volt TV but not cancelling it out yet.  The Van has the Boomarang (Wing) Antenna on Top.
  Anyone have this Type of Antenna or is there a better way of getting reception in different areas for Local Channels.  The Hole size in the Van is like 11X12 I have even considered mounting an Flip Down Under Cabinet TV and leave the Original Hole for Storage etc.      Thanks for any Help      any suggestions anyone has tried that work better       
                        Thanks              Randy in NC

Randy,

The "batwing" antenna with the built in amplifier is one of the better ones or TV including HDTV.

If I were to buy a TV now, I would try to get a LCD one that is a HDTV one, not HDTV ready but with a real HDTV tuner.  I would not have it mounted flat but vertical and with the ability to fold up to access the hole.  this seems to work the best for the newer flat TVS.

Thank you Jim for the information. I never thought of mounting the TV over the Original opening.
Hopefully the HDTV will not be to much more costly.
As they say Two heads are better than one.  Have a good week        RandyM  in    NC       

Back
Top Bottom