TV Cable Connection into Coach Suddenly Quit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

svollmer

Recently we were at a campground and connected to their cable system with no problem on both TVs.  Suddenly, we received the No Signal message on both and couldn't get reconnected.  The campground cable system was checked at our site and was working.  He also checked the cable we had connected to the post and it worked also.  We were able to use the TV antenna to get local channels but not the cable.  Any suggestions on what to check out? We have been using the cable with no problems until now.  We have a 2014 Bounder 35K.

Could be the electronics that is switching from cable, Tv, aux etc.

A good test would be to run the cable from the post directly into one of your televisions to confirm what management is telling you. If the tv then works, it will be something in your internal system.

Amplifiers are commonly used for cable distribution. If the amplifier is not working or possibly lost power, that could cause a loss of cable signal.

Another check would be to run the cable from the post directly to the electronics or switch box. That will eliminate the internal wiring from the post connection to the switch box.

Perhaps you already know this, but just in case: Most RV antenna setups that I've seen allow you to get cable OR TV by pressing a switch on the amplifier plate, but not both at the same time. So if you're getting over the air then do you press the button and see the light go out before trying to watch cable?

Larry N. said:
Perhaps you already know this, but just in case: Most RV antenna setups that I've seen allow you to get cable OR TV by pressing a switch on the amplifier plate, but not both at the same time. So if you're getting over the air then do you press the button and see the light go out before trying to watch cable?

I don't think that's the problem Larry because they were watching TV and then lost their signal on both TV's..

I agree with Larry.  If the button got pushed by the rascally invisible elf, you would lose cable, but antenna will work.  That would be my starting point.  Assuming you do have the antenna amplifier in line switch, it sounds like the issue is there.  It could be a disconnected / bad connection coax or a bad switch or ????

I'll bet it is a coax connection that came loose between your outside hookup and between the splitter. Either a bad crimp or a loose connection.

I had something similar. Hooked up TV's all is well. Couple of weeks later at the same spot no TV. Jumpered from pole to my bedroom TV and it worked fine. Spent quite a bit of time trying to figure it out and thought I had it fixed. Then the next time we were out to the same spot no TV. I jumped the splitter and had TV. Never heard of a splitter going bad and several people said the same.

Of course Fleetwood saw fit to install a 8-way splitter for 4 TV's. Never saw and 8-way one before either. Still wondering if they make a model that has eight TV's.

Okay, since the service guy checked the park connection and your piece of cable from there to the coach as good, and both TV's went out at once, the problem had to be between the coach connection and the splitter/BOMB(not sure how you're equipped).  If the problem was past the splitter, only one TV would be effected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom