TV Control: What does this thing do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

Does anyone know what this "MAINTENANCE" box is for?
It's located in the main TV control/distribution area over the driver's seat where all the cable connections are located.

Attachments

• maintenance_sm.jpg
    maintenance_sm.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 88
I have a VERY similar box as part of the KVH Trac Vision satellite dish.  It is used to update software in the dish and adjust the dish to different carriers.

grashley said:
I have a VERY similar box as part of the KVH Trac Vision satellite dish.  It is used to update software in the dish and adjust the dish to different carriers.

Ah-- thanks, that may be it. Apparently the original owner had a rooftop satellite installed but it was removed somewhere along the way before we bought the coach.

Yeah, it's a satellite dish/dome control, almost surely for an older KVH satellite dish.  The switch is on/off for the auto seek function and the DB9 port is for loading software upgrades.  It was used prior to about 2005.  I had one of those with the KVH LF-series dome in my 2004, but when I upgraded that to the later R-series dome in 2008, the switch was different and there was no data port.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Yeah, it's a satellite dish/dome control, almost surely for an older KVH satellite dish.  The switch is on/off for the auto seek function and the DB9 port is for loading software upgrades.  It was used prior to about 2005.  I had one of those with the KVH LF-series dome in my 2004, but when I upgraded that to the later R-series dome in 2008, the switch was different and there was no data port.

Appreciate the details Gary.

It sends power the satellite dish motor.  On allows the dish to find and lock in on the satellite.  The plug allows a tech to update the software in the dish.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom