Twilight 2300

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murphysmatt

We just brought home our new Trailer a couple days ago and we we’re getting our stuff loaded up and noticed a lot of problems. The theater seats won’t fully recline because the installed them against the wall. Cabinet hinges are all crooked, and a ton of other stuff. I think I made a big mistake buying this unit.

Hi and welcome. The dealer you bought it from should be able to fix and problems and should have told you about that.

Thanks for the welcome.
Seems like a great forum. We did call the dealer today and they said to use it for a trip or two and find any other problems and bring it in for repairs.

Thanks for the welcome.
Seems like a great forum. We did call the dealer today and they said to use it for a trip or two and find any other problems and bring it in for repairs.
I'd ask them how long you will need to wait before they can do the repairs as sometimes it can take months! Depends on the dealer. You might want to get their agreement in writing too.

Keep a list, take photos/videos.

Are you planning on taking it out soon? If not set it up somewhere locally or in your driveway and use it. Try everything, heating even if warm, aircon even if cold etc.

Let us know if you need any help or more advice.

aircon even if cold etc.
Note that many (most?) air conditioners won't work at all if it's much below 60ºF outside.

They gave me 30 days to buy an extended warranty. 3000.00 for 5 years. I’m thinking I better do that.
Suit yourself on that score, but those are a major profit item for dealers, you can get something similar for less elsewhere, and in any case that shouldn't be necessary to get all things fixed. Or maybe you chose the wrong dealer, if that is a "requirement."

Thanks Larry didn't think about the aircon if that cold.

Make sure you look at the small print on the extended warranty as it may not be worth the paper it is written on!

There isn't all that much on a travel trailer that could not be repaired if you keep that $3000 in your pocket. Note that nothing you have mentioned so far would be covered by that "extended warranty". It doesn't cover everything like the manufacturer warranty, plus it has exclusions for wear & tear & abuse. Read the contract carefully. And shop around - you can buy repair insurance anytime during the first year (before the manufacturer warranty expires) and probably for less $$ than the dealer wants. Get a quote from an independent agent, e.g. https://wholesalewarranties.com/

Much has been written here and elsewhere about RV extended warranties - I recommend you research it before a buy decision.

Back
Top Bottom