UH-OH ... Do I have water pump issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On our pace it's close top the water tank but  is accessed thru the sewer and water  supply door on the drivers side  Hidden  only houdini can reach it.  for sure not me with my fat belly.

Bounders are famous for the different configurations.  The water pumps are in different locations on different models or in different locations on the same model.  The short running of the water pump when all the facuets are turned off is often caused by a slight leakage within the pump itself.  The anti-backflow valve gets a peice of sand or for some reason does not close right.  No real harm done.  There are kits sold for replacement parts. 

If the water in the pipe near the pump froze or the water in the pump froze - the pressure would not let the pump run.  If you still have not got it running - use a hair dryer - find the pump and warm it.  Be sure you have power to the pump.  Use a meter set on 30 Volts DC equiped with a needle point on the positive tip - poke it through the wire near the pump.  Make sure you ground the black meter wire very good.

As Fred said the intermittent pump can be a check valve but it can also mean a leak somewhere in the coach that will cause damage over time so I would carefully check all areas for dampness.

Hi Again -

I'm a bit embarrassed - I still haven't gotten around to getting out and looking for the water pump fuse. I don't think I need to do the hair dryer thing because temps have been much more moderate lately. And I'm thinking that no reaction at all when I turn on the pump is good news - meaning a fuse. At least that's what I've found out in cars. No sound at all when you turn the key usually means something easy, like a battery, loose cable. Turning over and not starting is almost always not so good news.

I will try to find the fuse and get back to y'all. I see no moisture at all, under the rig, under cabinets, etc. But I'll keep an eye out.

I have this week off - perfect time to check out the water pump fuse. Danged if I can find what looks like a fuse in the compartment where the pump is. Any specific ideas for a '99 Bounder? It would really be appreciated ..

Danny
Poulsbo WA

You can always detach - or cut - the power wire near the pump and see if you have 12.6V available.  Then you will know whether to hunt for a fuse or work on a pump repiar/replacement.

chaajoad said:
I have this week off - perfect time to check out the water pump fuse. Danged if I can find what looks like a fuse in the compartment where the pump is. Any specific ideas for a '99 Bounder? It would really be appreciated ..

Danny
Poulsbo WA

Chaajoad,

The red wire on the pump is the 12V and the fuse is usually within a foot or so of the pump. It then connects to the internal wiring of the coach. If you don't see a fuse there then perhaps it's in the fuse panel. It could be tied in with another circuit. You can remove the connector from the pump and see if you have 12V there. If you don't see it then there must be a fuse somewhere that is open.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom