Uh Oh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Must be nice to have nothing to do but look for strange RV pics!  ;D  I'm jealous!

If it had been my Miata, he would have driven over me and never knew he hit anything!

Looks the the RV just left the gas island and cut it too short and ended up by driving over the Suburban which was fueling up.

I'm so often amazed at how many drivers don't know that they have rear view mirrors or how to use them.

grashley said:
Must be nice to have nothing to do but look for strange RV pics!  ;D  I'm jealous!

If it had been my Miata, he would have driven over me and never knew he hit anything!

I have more to do. I look up strange pictures for two other forums too.  8) don?t be jealous. There was a day a few months ago that I wished I was still working. The feeling passed pretty quick. I?ll think about everybody when I?m in the Caribbean in a couple of weeks.

Rene T said:
Looks the the RV just left the gas island and cut it too short and ended up by driving over the Suburban which was fueling up.

Take 'em wide and take 'em slow... and watch the wheels in your side mirror. I've found that's the only way to handle turns with a trailer.

It's also possible that the white truck wasn't there when the driver started to pull out.

I almost got hit pulling out. The person pulling in came in fast, their fuel door was at the extreme rear of their vehicle. They pulled way forward to line up the pump with their fuel door.  What they couldn't see was another vehicle parked in front of me so I was cutting it sharp to get around it.

If I hadn't checked my mirror again after I started to pull out I would have hit them because they went there when I started to pull out.

Wonder why they did not back up to get off the island, unless they actually hit the pump or got stuck.  Had a nightmare one time that someone ran me over and rather than stop after they ran me over they stopped right on top of me.

Honey I can't find the spare key you hid, one second dear I will reposition so you can look under the RV. lol
Border patrol will go to great lengths looking for illegal's lol

@Oldgator73    Is that care-a-be-an  or  car-ri-be-an  lol

A situation that a prudent RV owner would have avoided like the plague to begin with. Pump lines facing a convenience store are near always a trap for all but the smallest RVs, with an extremely high probability of an accident like that or being stuck with no safe exit until most other traffic leaves. And some stations rarely get that empty. Even with the best intentions, a station like that puts the Rver at the mercy of traffic coming from both sides as well as backing out in front of him, plus the need for extremely tight turns to leave the pump and again to get back to the street. It's my opinion that mucking around in that sort of place is either foolhardy or suicidal.

I have seen similar type situations in places a RV should never go. Most of the time it seems to be fifth wheels. I can say I almost got in a situation with my DP and toad. I was not paying attention like I normally do to my fuel gauge and let it get a little lower than normal in an area of the country where diesel stops are few and far between. Good thing DW was paying attention and seen the truck stop not far down the road before I tried to pull into a convenience store pump.

Joezeppy said:
The only sure-fire way to get the black tank reeeaaaallly empty!

Ha, ha, haaaaaa. Takes a committed optimist to find the good in every situation.  ;D ;D ;D

Gizmo100 said:
Maybe he/she forgot it was back there... :eek:

Could be, I had one of those moment of panic sort of incidents a couple of months ago.  I had one of those rolling staircase ladders like you see in big box stores in the back of my pickup truck, which even though it was laying down raised the max height to about 10 ft.  I was hauling it from place to place about 75 miles apart, making a few stops along the way, once pulling in to a limited height no trucks drive through entrance, I remembered it just at the last moment as I was pulling under the drive through, which thankfully had about 10' 6" of clearance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom