UK calling US Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

georgelarv

Hello from the UK, George here Ex Royal Navy clearance Diver 26yrs done, now a Paramedic who has just bought my 1st American RV 2004 hurricane 33SL and I must say it's bloody huge compared to our motor homes here in the UK, just about fits on some of our UK ?? roads. Mind being Ex RN I should have known after working with the US Navy and her Carrier OverHere'sears.  Here?s hoping I can ask my American buddies for some top tips & advice over the next few years.

We lived in the UK for 5 years. I was at RAF Lakenheath. Good on you for being able to drive a MH on UK roads. Or should I say paths? Welcome to the forum. Hope you can take some ribbing and jokes. Don?t believe anything Gizmo100 says.

Welcome boyo, from an ex-pat Taff. What part of the UK are you living?

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are a few of us Brits here  :D  Were you ever based at Rosyth?

Welcome, and congrats on the rig.

what is a clearance Diver?  Just curious...just don't know the term.  I used to do a lot of recreational scuba myself.... Divemaster and Asst Instructor, then I got my trimix certification but never did much of it.

Oldgator73 said:
We lived in the UK for 5 years. I was at RAF Lakenheath. Good on you for being able to drive a MH on UK roads. Or should I say paths? Welcome to the forum. Hope you can take some ribbing and jokes. Don?t believe anything Gizmo100 says.

Welcome to the RV forum George

Don't let oldgator73 mislead you...I'm a nice guy. :) He's just mad because of my gator skin belt...But I had to buy the belt to match my gator skin boots. 8) And I had no idea that he would get upset :mad: when I bought my gator skin luggage. Now I will admit that the gator skin seat covers may have been a bit much but they look so good with the gator skin steering wheel cover on the truck. :))

I'm thinking I may need a new suit....made of gator skin of course....Might be time to go gator hunting ;D ;D ;D

Well as you can tell George we like to have a little fun around here.

Gizmo100 said:
Welcome to the RV forum George

Don't let oldgator73 mislead you...I'm a nice guy. :) He's just mad because of my gator skin belt...But I had to buy the belt to match my gator skin boots. 8) And I had no idea that he would get upset :mad: when I bought my gator skin luggage. Now I will admit that the gator skin seat covers may have been a bit much but they look so good with the gator skin steering wheel cover on the truck. :))

I'm thinking I may need a new suit....made of gator skin of course....Might be time to go gator hunting ;D ;D ;D

Well as you can tell George we like to have a little fun around here.

I read your post to Ali our pet gator and she became quite upset. Her great uncle grew up to become boots and her aunt ended up as seat covers. Ali was so upset she tried to jump in front of a train on our daily walk this evening. We are just happy I had her on a leash.

Attachments

• 3EA5AB99-E92A-43CD-B826-AE55713E1023.jpeg
    3EA5AB99-E92A-43CD-B826-AE55713E1023.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 16
Oldgator73 said:
I read your post to Ali our pet gator and she became quite upset. Her great uncle grew up to become boots and her aunt ended up as seat covers. Ali was so upset she tried to jump in front of a train on our daily walk this evening. We are just happy I had her on a leash.

Let me know if Ali makes it to the RR track, there's enough skin for a suit and a nice purse for the wife....I mean we should keep the family together.

Gizmo100 said:
Let me know if Ali makes it to the RR track, there's enough skin for a suit and a nice purse for the wife....I mean we should keep the family together.

Ali passed away tonight. We fried up her tail. Quite delicious with some spicy BBQ sauce. My wife got a nice purse and I was able to cover my office chair with the rest of the skin.

Attachments

• 13841900-EBC9-49AD-AAC7-0E2FF82D4F43.jpeg
    13841900-EBC9-49AD-AAC7-0E2FF82D4F43.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 14
Thank you all for your lovely welcome, sorry it?s been awhile for my reply, I actual pick the RV up today and part exchange my twin axle Hobby.  The Rv is in good order but I did notice the roof was grey so wondering if it needs painting (obviously no leaks) trying to source Henry's, dicor in the UK online.  As for Gator skin boots, suit, ect, I recon we may have a reptile fetish going on there lol. Clearance divers RN are EOD/IED underwater engineering, battle damage repair, attack swimming, ect so where the States has det teams,salvage teams, combat swimmers the uk has a jack of All trades.  We do train with the Yanks globally, but we do laugh when we hear ?fire in the hole? lol 

georgelarv said:
Since I?m picking up the rig today any top tips to look for straight away?
Have a look in the library tab above as there is info in there about what to check for.  Let us know how you get on....

http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php/15-checklists

I live in Cornwall, so the paths are even smaller lol

I live in Cornwall, so the paths are even smaller

Back
Top Bottom