Unexpected Mini-Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernieD

We are in South Haven in between the GLASS FMCA rally and our scheduled stop at the TS factory. It is a  very nice campground, with a decent free Wi-Fi, that doesn't advertise and is not listed in Woodalls, but I've heard it is in Trailer Life, so I don't expect it to be well known. We were relaxing yesterday afternoon when I saw a light blue Monaco Signature circling around to line up for a parking space. A few minutes later there is a knock on the door and Jerry Fitzgerald standing there. He said they saw a silver TS with a yellow XTerra and PressurePro signs on the car and who else could it be ??? ::)

Had a nice happy hour talking about Road America and Indy and went for dinner where Jerry had planked salmon. He even enjoyed the plank. They leave Friday and we leave Sat. but we should have some more interesting times together.

Bernie,
We just talked to Jerry.  Amazing just who you meet in a campground so many miles from home base.  We are in Traverse Bay Resort in Traverse City not all that far from where you are at.  Stop on by.  We expect to see Jerry and Ardra here in the next few days.

The salmon was better than the plank but when you're hungry you eat what's put in front of you.

JerryF

Jerry,

Congratulations on the upgrade to the Monaco Signature. You chose the same colors as the Executive  ;D

Well, I left Bernie in Berrian Springs and headed to Elkhart where I spent the last 3 nights "Camped" at Damon Factory Service (plant 12)  Left with new windshields, properly set, so they won't self-remove, a new dash cluster, working (At least when I left the plant) Dash AC, and a few parts.  More to  be shipped for self-install later

I've had a problem with the auto-retractor on the awning,  Should retract at, depending on it's age and setting, six, 12 or 18 MPH wind, has not in 20+ on a number of occasions.

Should not retract on a calm day, has, twice.  The second time while the warranty tech was trying to put it out!!!!

WOW,  Murphy must have had one too many and passed out

BernieD said:
We are in South Haven in between the GLASS FMCA rally and our scheduled stop at the TS factory. It is a  very nice campground, with a decent free Wi-Fi, that doesn't advertise and is not listed in Woodalls, but I've heard it is in Trailer Life, so I don't expect it to be well known. We were relaxing yesterday afternoon when I saw a light blue Monaco Signature circling around to line up for a parking space. A few minutes later there is a knock on the door and Jerry Fitzgerald standing there. He said they saw a silver TS with a yellow XTerra and PressurePro signs on the car and who else could it be ??? ::)

Had a nice happy hour talking about Road America and Indy and went for dinner where Jerry had planked salmon. He even enjoyed the plank. They leave Friday and we leave Sat. but we should have some more interesting times together.

Hi Bernie,

Sounds like the time we were in Sisters, OR. Went out for the day and when we returned Russ was parked two sites away! You just never know when one of the Framily will show up!

Jim Dick said:
Sounds like the time we were in Sisters, OR. Went out for the day and when we returned Russ was parked two sites away! You just never know when one of the Framily will show up!

Jim

We also ran into Russ in OR, at Pacific Shores in Newport and Pam Van Lucene at Blackwell Island, ID.

BernieD said:
Jim

We also ran into Russ in OR, at Pacific Shores in Newport and Pam Van Lucene at Blackwell Island, ID.

Bernie,

The longer we're on this forum the more frequently it happens. :)

We had fun with Bernie and Marlene at our first unexpected mini-rally in South Haven and now we're having fun at our second unexpected mini-rally with Ron and Sam in Traverse City.  Isn't it neat that we have framily wherever we go and not always where we expect!  :)

ArdraF

It is neat meeting up with Framily members at different locations around the country.? We said last say Jerry and Ardra in Salt Lake after the Moab rally and had no idea we would be meeting up with them again here in Traverse City.? Had a nice drive after dinner tonight and have another adventure planned for tomorrow.? Mini Rallies are fun.

See attach photo

Attachments

• Eagle-Monaco TCRVresort (Large).jpg
    Eagle-Monaco TCRVresort (Large).jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 9
One of my favorite meetings of this type occurred just after we slipped into a camp site at Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY.  Suddenly Bob Zambenini came strolling down the lane! :D

Margi

Chet18013 said:
Bernie, your post remins me of the time we were in Palmer, Alaska and there was a knock on the door. Who was the ther, but Bernie.

Chet18013

And how could I have forgotten it :D :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom