Unladen weight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benevolus

I just purchased used  2004 Coachman Cascade  26 TB. The title states the the unladen weight is 5,794 lbs. Does the this unladen weight figure include all the factory installed options? When I purchased the TT, I was told it had the 'Premier' option package installed.
Thanks again for all of your help.

Steve

It's hard to tell for sure but doubtful.  The only safe way to know is to actually weigh your unit.  And the weight you really want to know is how much it weighs loaded with your cookware, water, clothes, propane, etc.  Since you have already purchased the unit, take it to a gravel yard or truck stop that has a scale.  Weight the trailer axles separately, the total trailer unhooked from the tow vehicle and the total weight of the whole rig.  That will tell you where you stand in relation to all the critical figures for your setup.  Good Luck!

That is a big maybe.   It probably does not include options and dealer installed stuff.   Nothing replaces an actual weighing of the triailer at a public scale.  Do yourself a favor and do the weighiing in a ready-to-travel condition with all fluids and stuff like kitchen gear and permanent junk on board.   That is the weight you will have to live with so you might as well get it.   Public scales are cheap.   See our library for the procedure.  Click HERE

According to the manufacturers specs, the base weight is 4,999 lbs. As I stated, the title shows 5,794 lbs. unlaeden. BTW, the GVWR is 7,600 lbs.
I just wanted to tow the TT to a piece of property I have and leave it there (120 miles). At that point it would be loaded with everything. My 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser has a maximum towing of 6,500 lbs as equipted.

I agree, the absolutely guaranteed way to get the weigh is to go the public scales.

Back
Top Bottom